Missing audio event, I'm in big trouble. at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Old August 15th, 2013, 03:00 PM   #1
Major Player

Missing audio event, I'm in big trouble.

I've just finished editing a project (Wedding Highlights) and the song, which I had cut up into sections, but all still on the same track, has gone awol.

The seperate events still know what the source song is when I click properties but each event event window is empty.

What I can tell you is when I noticed this, the song itself was missing from the bin which I have now put back in. I must have removed the source from the bin and then saved the project as Vegas didn't prompt me for a missing asset when I reopened the project.

Can anyone tell me how to get it back without having to redo all the cuts again (it took me four hours of painstaking work)? This has to be finished by the morning.

Thanks for any hekp you guys can offer!
Chris Hewitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 15th, 2013, 05:40 PM   #2
Major Player

Re: Missing audio event, I'm in big trouble.

Could this be as simple as clicking the little "Refresh View" button? Probably not, but thought I'd offer, just in case..
Rainer Listing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 17th, 2013, 12:09 PM   #3
Inner Circle

Can't you just ingest that section again and re-sync it?
Paul R Johnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 17th, 2013, 01:25 PM   #4
Major Player

Rainer, no luck there...Paul, the music was cut and sliced working to a tempo so that's where the four hours of work came in. As far as Vegas was concerned, that song was lots of seperate events and not in sequence compared to the original song. I really have no idea why Vegas could not refill thosse events with the single source. Vegas knew what the source was, it knew the in and out tc so it's a mystery.
I've been using Vegas since it was SF , version 2 I think, as an audio multitracker and thought I knew it inside out.....
In the end, I bit the bullet and did it again. Three hours forty this time.
Chris Hewitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 18th, 2013, 03:39 AM   #5
Trustee

Quite often you can go to your designated Vegas TEMP folder and hunt for VEG.BAK files of your project going back to around the time when the issue happened. When found and by renaming them to <filename>.veg you can open them up as normal project files and very often recover what you have lost.

Worth a try for future reference.

Chris Young
CYV Productions
Sydney
Christopher Young is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 19th, 2013, 06:36 PM   #6
Major Player

As long as the original track is put back in the same file location and has the same name, the directories should work again.
Duane Adam is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...