DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   What Happens in Vegas... (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/what-happens-vegas/)
-   -   Video/Audio track placement (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/what-happens-vegas/520217-video-audio-track-placement.html)

Robin Davies-Rollinson November 22nd, 2013 04:10 AM

Video/Audio track placement

I might well be missing something simple here, but I'd appreciate sme help here.
When I use Avid, I'm used to having the track hierarchy on the timeline as: V1,V2,A1,A2 etc.
I like having all the audio tracks vertically together, same with video.
I know tht I can move tracks up and down in Vegas, but when I highlight a video track that I'm going to add an event to from the Trimmer window, by pressing 'A', it keeps adding a new audio track below the video, and not to one of the existing audio tracks. As I said, I might be staring at an obvious solution, but I'd value some help. Hope I've explained it all clearly!

Juris Lielpeteris November 22nd, 2013 04:41 AM

Re: Video/Audio track placement

IMHO it is very convenient that the video and the corresponding audio track is next, just need to get used to.

Robin Davies-Rollinson November 22nd, 2013 04:55 AM

Maybe, but there are so many features in Vegas that give you multiple ways of doing things - this could be one of them...

Juris Lielpeteris November 22nd, 2013 05:05 AM

You can place tracks together when selecting episodes with trimmer, and then if necessary change as more comfortable feel for the next process. It is need to move only a single track.

Edward Troxel November 22nd, 2013 10:03 AM

After adding the tracks to the timeline, you can also move the tracks to be in whatever order you wish. Just click on a blank area of the track header and drag it to where you wish that track to be.

However, it definitely is not like Avid (thank goodness).

Leslie Wand November 22nd, 2013 11:12 PM

+1

However, it definitely is not like Avid (thank goodness).

Graham Bernard December 1st, 2013 01:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Robin Davies-Rollinson (Post 1821717)
Maybe, but there are so many features in Vegas that give you multiple ways of doing things - this could be one of them...

I understand Robin's "wish" emerging from his understanding of how flexible Vegas is. Why shouldn't we absorb the best features of another's experience into what we have? That's called continual improvement. I don't use AVID, but if I did I'd also want to have the features that could improve my lot within Vegas. Why wouldn't I?

Thanks for bringing this to the Forum, Robin. Maybe a Feature request sent directly to SONY would also go someway in your nurturing your continued use of Vegas. You've got a fresh-eye on Vegas so SONY would appreciate your feedback as well as inspire others to do the same.

We have all benefitted from the Community feeding Ideas back into the SONY Vegas developers.

Grazie