Video/Audio track placement at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Old November 22nd, 2013, 04:10 AM   #1
Trustee

Video/Audio track placement

I might well be missing something simple here, but I'd appreciate sme help here.
When I use Avid, I'm used to having the track hierarchy on the timeline as: V1,V2,A1,A2 etc.
I like having all the audio tracks vertically together, same with video.
I know tht I can move tracks up and down in Vegas, but when I highlight a video track that I'm going to add an event to from the Trimmer window, by pressing 'A', it keeps adding a new audio track below the video, and not to one of the existing audio tracks. As I said, I might be staring at an obvious solution, but I'd value some help. Hope I've explained it all clearly!
Old November 22nd, 2013, 04:41 AM   #2
Major Player

Re: Video/Audio track placement

IMHO it is very convenient that the video and the corresponding audio track is next, just need to get used to.
Juris Lielpeteris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 22nd, 2013, 04:55 AM   #3
Trustee

Maybe, but there are so many features in Vegas that give you multiple ways of doing things - this could be one of them...
Old November 22nd, 2013, 05:05 AM   #4
Major Player

You can place tracks together when selecting episodes with trimmer, and then if necessary change as more comfortable feel for the next process. It is need to move only a single track.
Juris Lielpeteris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 22nd, 2013, 10:03 AM   #5
Sponsor: JET DV

After adding the tracks to the timeline, you can also move the tracks to be in whatever order you wish. Just click on a blank area of the track header and drag it to where you wish that track to be.

However, it definitely is not like Avid (thank goodness).
Edward Troxel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 22nd, 2013, 11:12 PM   #6
Trustee

+1

However, it definitely is not like Avid (thank goodness).
Old December 1st, 2013, 01:25 AM   #7
Old Boot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin Davies-Rollinson View Post
Maybe, but there are so many features in Vegas that give you multiple ways of doing things - this could be one of them...
I understand Robin's "wish" emerging from his understanding of how flexible Vegas is. Why shouldn't we absorb the best features of another's experience into what we have? That's called continual improvement. I don't use AVID, but if I did I'd also want to have the features that could improve my lot within Vegas. Why wouldn't I?

Thanks for bringing this to the Forum, Robin. Maybe a Feature request sent directly to SONY would also go someway in your nurturing your continued use of Vegas. You've got a fresh-eye on Vegas so SONY would appreciate your feedback as well as inspire others to do the same.

We have all benefitted from the Community feeding Ideas back into the SONY Vegas developers.

Grazie
Graham Bernard is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...