Sony NR 2.0 working in Vegas 12? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Old April 18th, 2014, 03:30 PM   #1
Inner Circle

Sony NR 2.0 working in Vegas 12?

At some point many many moons ago I bought the Noise Reduction 2.0 license, maybe it came bundled with Sound Forge.

I just updated V12 to the latest, and tried to apply the NR2.0 filter. Not available in the filters list.

OK - downloaded it from SMS, and installed. Still not available. Reviewed the product page and release notes. It's still a current product, and no where is there a mention of x32 and x64. Of course with V12 I'm on an x64 system.

Anybody know what's going on with this? Did NR get sunsetted with x64-only software? I used to use this all the time, but it's been a while. This particular project would be difficult but not impossible to pitch the sound out to an x32 host like, um V10 or SF...

Or am I missing something that will make NR work in V12?
Old April 18th, 2014, 04:36 PM   #2
Inner Circle

Re: Sony NR 2.0 working in Vegas 12?

I may have answered my own question. NR2.0 is working in Vegas Pro 11 x32, but is not available in Vegas Pro 12 x64. Ouch.

Any thoughts or methods are most welcome!
Old April 18th, 2014, 09:31 PM   #3
Major Player

Re: Sony NR 2.0 working in Vegas 12?

I think that might be a need to install Soud Forge to work NR. Perhaps it is enough to trial version.
Juris Lielpeteris is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...