Rendering M2TS for Bluray at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Old September 23rd, 2014, 12:51 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Rendering M2TS for Bluray

I have Vegas Pro 2012 and I have an M2TS stream that is 19.3 gigs. I want to have this burned to BD so I thought I would use Sony DVD Architect that has the BD feature.

However, when I attaché the m2ts file the video is converted within Archtect before burning.

So, I put the file into Vegas and selected what I thought would be an HD render of the file in 24fps.

The final output is MPEG and is only about 65% of the size of the original m2ts. Ok so I burned it and it plays fine on my PS3 bluray player and it SEEMS to look right but I can't help but think I have lost resolution with compression or whatever.

I don't fully understand but my question is this - How do I get the full M2TS file onto the bluray in a format that doesn't compress it? Is there a rendering setting that I use to ensure that this happens?

I would prefer to go directly to Architect but it compresses the file too. Thoughts or comments would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks...

" I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here! ..."
Phil Hamilton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 23rd, 2014, 09:23 PM   #2
Major Player

Re: Rendering M2TS for Bluray

Look at pages 23, 30 and 193 of DVD Architect Pro Manual to working without recompression
Sony Creative Software - Download: DVD Architect Pro 6.0
Juris Lielpeteris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 23rd, 2014, 10:11 PM   #3
Regular Crew

Yes in order to separate the video and audio I have to render twice from Vegas otherwise Architect re-renders the files for you.

But my point is that when you put an M2TS file into the Vegas timeline and pick one of the bluray formats like Mpeg2 - you get a file that is not as large as the original M2TS file. And this counts the fact that it does not include the audio. When you do this, and then put through Architect - no further compression takes place provided you have a large enough disc.

But - the file stream that ends up on the BD is SMALLER than the file I started with.

" I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here! ..."
Phil Hamilton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 24th, 2014, 12:14 PM   #4
Major Player

Vegas unlike Architect always recompress AVC BD streams, but may render mpeg-2 BD streams without recompressing if render settings exactly match your file properties.
Juris Lielpeteris is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...