pointing to a new source in batches at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Old November 17th, 2014, 05:01 AM   #1
Major Player

pointing to a new source in batches

I have no idea why this has happened and have never come across it before but a project using a mixture of XDCAM EX source files has lost the location of each clip and somehow a duplicate of each clip was created with extended file name in a new location and Vegas has been cutting to that without me knowing. I need to put things back to how I set it up which means pointing Vegas to a new source for every clip on the timeline.

Is there a quick way of replacing batches of individual clips? I've got over 250 that need changing and not the time to do each one individually.

An example of what's happened:

the original XDCAM EX source file is 195_1883_01 and the duplicated renamed file is now 195_1883_01_201411_191024. I want to point the project back to the original XDCAM rushes.

Any time saving ideas out there? or clues as to how on earth and why this happened?

thanks in advance
Stuart Campbell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 17th, 2014, 01:06 PM   #2
Major Player

Re: pointing to a new source in batches

Files with names like 195_1883_01_201411_191024 looks like files imported with Device Explorer.
Juris Lielpeteris is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...