Track Motion assistance - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Old December 5th, 2014, 08:22 AM   #16
Inner Circle

Re: Track Motion assistance

Thanks everyone, been on the road.

Ian, I have wanted PIP effect for ages, so sorry I did not get the Vegas upgrade which comes with PIP effect with the Newblue Essentials.

Seth, thanks a bunch for your suggestions and detailed instructions. I am not going with reflections, no time, client needed right away.

I've visited the NewBlue site, everything has changed. Does anyone know if there is a way to purchase PIP separately?
Old December 5th, 2014, 12:26 PM   #17
Sponsor: JET DV

Jeff, the effects cannot be purchased individually.

You can find the PIP effect in Elements - Elite or Elements - Ultimate.
Edward Troxel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 8th, 2014, 03:42 PM   #18
Inner Circle

Thanks, Edward. I think they used to be available individually, but NB has changed their pricing/packaging and I could not find them any longer.
Old December 11th, 2014, 11:54 AM   #19
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin Davies-Rollinson View Post
Without sounding like a Hitfilm evangelist, this software really comes into it's own to make effects like the ones being discussed in 3D space. It truly is a viable alternative to After Effects, but the beauty is in the integration with Vegas. You could right-click on your clips on the timeline and immediately open up the shot in Hitfilm - then when you're happy with the result, return to Vegas and your completed compositing work is there, on just one video track...
With the caveat that, according to FX Home, HitFilm doesn't maintain interlacing (it only works with progressive footage) so if your work is for broadcast be prepared for your effect-laden work to be progressive when it comes back from HitFilm.

(This does not apparently apply if you're simply using their OFX effects as a normal Vegas plug in)

Cheers
Dave
David Johns is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...