Clips too bright at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Old March 30th, 2015, 06:43 AM   #1
Inner Circle

Clips too bright

I have been editing a wedding, where many if not most clips have seemed blown out. I noticed during editing as I dragged the edge of a clip to adjust length of a clip, in the preview window the clip seemed to not be blown out anymore, it seemed strange, but I kept on.

I finished the wedding after making hundreds of adjustments to lower the brightness of clips, not understanding how I could have shot things to be so blown out.

This morning I began making the highlight clip. I began copying and pasting clips from the original wedding video, to another new instance of Vegas, only to find in the new instance of Vegas that the clips were not blown out at all and in some cases were actually a tad too dark.

Somehow in my original project an effect or something must have been applied at the beginning of the process, but I cannot find it. What is going on?
Old March 30th, 2015, 06:48 AM   #2
Inner Circle

Re: Clips too bright

I found the problem. I had apparently accidentally applied bright levels to the entire project at the beginning, thus blowing everything out.

I will now spend the rest of the day undoing this mess. I spend so many hours trying to fix footage that was perfectly fine. What a waste of time.

Last edited by Pete Bauer; April 3rd, 2015 at 06:25 AM. Reason: Removed expletive
Jeff Harper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 30th, 2015, 07:41 AM   #3
Inner Circle

Actually, it's not so bad, because I did an great job shooting, the footage needs very little work. I simply removed the hundreds of applied effects by using Ultimate S "remove all effects" and am simply touching things up a bit here and there, etc., should be done in a hour at most.
Old March 30th, 2015, 03:50 PM   #4
Trustee

i know human error all too well....
Old June 27th, 2015, 02:48 PM   #5
Inner Circle

Been there been there been there.........one of those smack the forehead moments where you just want to go take a nap.
Old June 27th, 2015, 02:51 PM   #6
Inner Circle

I too have been there and done that and man did I feel like a jerk BUT at least it got caught and fixed B4 rendering and or burning.
We all make mistakes. Well except me now since I have shot a job for going on 2 years!!! ;-)

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...