Vegas working with DVDA at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Old June 12th, 2015, 12:19 AM   #1
Major Player

Vegas working with DVDA

Is it possible to add a Vegas project file to DVDA in lieu of rendering it out? So that you can save an encode? I had thought that was the case, but I now can't seem to make it work. I usually use TMPGenc Authoring Works, but it is choking on these AVCHD files I'm trying to feed it.

Also, since I'm fairly inexperienced with DVDA, is it possible to put two videos into a single menu item and have them play seemlessly? I had to fix something in the opening credits and just re-rendered that 90 seconds worth of the project. In TMPG I can add the revised credits to the beginning of the track, then set the opening frame of the full video to be just after the credits ended, and stitch them together. Saves having to re-render the entire project. I can't seem to do that with DVDA, it keeps trying to create a new menu item for the new credits. (though it did appear I could alter the beginning frame of the full video easily enough) I just want them both to play with a single button.
Jeremiah Rickert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 12th, 2015, 01:50 AM   #2
Major Player

Re: Vegas working with DVDA

On the second part of ypour question: no it will not play seemlessly. It will show a short halt.
Jo Ouwejan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 12th, 2015, 04:10 AM   #3
Inner Circle

DVDA needs an MPEG-2 video file and AC-3 or PCM (aka WAV) audio file so no to adding a veg file.

As Jo said, there will be a slight time gap as DVDA switches from one video to the next. You add an end action to the first video to have it automatically switch to the next one but there will be a slight time lag for the switch to happen and there's nothing you can do about it with out re-rendering.
Mike Kujbida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 12th, 2015, 03:20 PM   #4
Major Player

I ended up just re-rendering. I think TMPG does a better job of transcoding HD footage to an SD DVD which is why I have preferred it all these years. Thanks for the replies!
Jeremiah Rickert is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...