24p at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Old June 1st, 2016, 08:36 PM   #1
Major Player

24p

I never thought I would use it but I am actually using 24p for Church videos now. What I figured out is instead of using 24p with the default shutter speed of 48, I instead use a shutter speed of 24. This greatly reduces the stutter.

There still is a bit more motion blur than with 30p but not as much difference as there is with 24p with a shutter speed of 48.

Lighting at the Church I shoot video at is not very good!

Going from 30p with a shutter speed of 30 to 24p with a shutter speed of 24 gives me one more stop of light. That means another 6db less gain needed for the exposure.

I am now getting good results with 24p with a shutter speed of 24. This is much better than needing to have the gain 6db higher with a chance of video noise.

Note: Even a frame rate of 30 with a shutter speed of 60 can create a lot of stutter. So even with a frame rate of 30, I will also use a shutter speed of 30.

Church videos where there is poor lighting requires compromises and so far, and for my limited budget, this is the best I can come up with.

www.dannyfye.com
Old June 1st, 2016, 08:38 PM   #2
Inner Circle

Re: 24p

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny Fye View Post
This greatly reduces the stutter.
You are panning too fast. Shooting at 1/24 kills your detail.

Last edited by Gary Huff; June 1st, 2016 at 09:14 PM.
Gary Huff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 1st, 2016, 09:13 PM   #3
Major Player

Re: 24p

"Shooting at 1/24 kills your detail."

I know. One of the problems having to compromise in poor lighting. Even 30p with a shutter of 30 can cause a loss of detail.

I wish there was better lighting. Not only is there not enough lighting but it is a mix of different colors. And those colors change during the worship service as the sun light from the outdoors varies especially on partly cloudy days.

I also wish I could afford better cameras.

It is all an effort to get the best videos I can considering the situation.

www.dannyfye.com

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...