Assets and forum sale of SCS to MAGIX at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Old June 9th, 2016, 10:27 AM   #1
Inner Circle

Assets and forum sale of SCS to MAGIX

Just got this in my email.
I can't post the link where it says "...opt out of the data transfer here" as it brings up my personal info so you'll have to hope you get this or do it on your own as described below.

Sony Creative Software Inc. ("SCS") is pleased to announce that MAGIX Software GmbH (“MAGIX”) has purchased substantially all of the software products and other assets of SCS (“SCS Assets”). As part of this sale, and in accordance with our Privacy Policy, MAGIX will acquire our customer database, which includes your personally identifiable information previously collected through our website or otherwise (“Customer Database”). This information was included in the sale to assist MAGIX in providing you with products and services, including those that are no longer offered by SCS.

MAGIX has agreed that it will treat the personal information in the Customer Database in compliance with the law and in accordance with the terms of the existing SCS Privacy Policy.

If you object to SCS providing your personal information to MAGIX as described in this notice, you may opt out of the data transfer here. To be effective, any such opt-out request must be received by June 23, 2016. NOTE: If you opt-out, your personal information will not be transferred to MAGIX as part of the sale, and MAGIX will be unable to provide certain customer service functions, such as looking up your past orders or serial numbers should you misplace them.

If you have any questions regarding MAGIX’s practices with respect to the treatment of personal information, please contact MAGIX at: privacy@magix.net.

Please note that SCS will continue to own and distribute its Suite of Catalyst-branded products and services, and we will continue to communicate with you regarding those and other Sony products and services. The personal information and other information about you that we retain will continue to be governed by, and treated consistent with, the terms of our Privacy Policy. If you prefer that SCS no longer contact you with marketing communications, you may opt out here. If you wish that we delete your information from our active databases, you can request removal here. In addition, you can opt-out from marketing emails sent from SCS or another Sony entity at any time by following the link contained within such marketing emails. Note that even if you request that we delete your personal information from our active databases, some information may remain on backup storage and we may need to retain a copy for legal retention purposes.

We appreciate the opportunity to have served you and hope to have the opportunity to do so in the future. For further information, including a detailed product list, please visit the Sony Creative Software website.
Mike Kujbida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 9th, 2016, 12:57 PM   #2
Regular Crew

Re: Assets and forum sale of SCS to MAGIX

Hi Mike,

I received this email on 05-30-2016. Standard business practice, I would expect no less.
Old June 9th, 2016, 03:07 PM   #3
Major Player

I got that mail too the other day, and I would suspect that it is indeed standard practise.

I did notice on MAGix's site that they havent any of their newly acquired software featured yet.

Anyway we have a fortnight to decide about the issue.
Old June 10th, 2016, 03:07 AM   #4
Inner Circle

As John Rofrano said on another site, it sounds like opting out is not a very good idea. You would loose your order and license key information. MAGIX is the new Sony. I don't see any reason for anyone to opt-out.
Mike Kujbida is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...