Color space conversion at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Old December 13th, 2016, 11:49 AM   #1
Trustee

Color space conversion

Hello, I have been working out the math of converting a video from one color space to another. And by color space I do not mean converting from RGB to something else, but rather converting from one RGB type to another.

I have created two LUTs, which should, in theory, take a video shot in the Rec. 601 space and convert it to a video in the Rec. 709 space, or vice versa.

I consider these two LUTs to be a Beta version. I would like them tested on different footage, so I can know whether I did them correctly (or not, of course). If I get enough confirmation I’m on the right track with this, I would like to create an OFX plugin that will be able to convert not just between these two spaces, but any RGB color spaces, including custom created spaces (for special effects). I think such a plugin would be nice to have under Vegas.

If you want to help, or even if you just want to grab the two LUTs for whatever reason, you can download them from http://www.pantarheon.org/601vs709.zip and then just use them with the VisionColor LUT plugin.

Thanks,
Adam
Adam Stanislav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 13th, 2016, 09:26 PM   #2
Trustee

Re: Color space conversion

Well, that one was wrong... So here is my second Beta: http://www.pantarheon.org/601vs709Beta2.zip. Please disregard the first one and test this one.

Thanks,
Adam
Adam Stanislav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 14th, 2016, 08:00 PM   #3
Trustee

Re: Color space conversion

And the final release is available at http://www.pantarheon.org/601vs709luts.zip. It contains not just the LUTs but also the matrices used to create the LUTs. You can save the matrices as presets in the Channel Blend FX that comes with Vegas. Then you will be able to convert between 601 and 709 directly from Vegas without needing a LUT plug-in.
Adam Stanislav is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...