How do I render 4K video in Vegas Pro 13? - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Old April 22nd, 2017, 06:09 AM   #16
Major Player

Re: How do I render 4K video in Vegas Pro 13?

Hi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norris Combs View Post
So I did a render of the .mxf file, following Phil's advice above. The resulting .mp4 file is of excellent quality. Size is 3.44 GB, video length is only 5 minutes, but it took 6 hours! Maybe because I chose high bitrates 135,000,000 Max, 100,000,000 Avg, as suggested by Phil, also I selected 2-pass rendering, for sure that added to the time. Maybe my laptop is not heavy duty enough? i7 5500U CPU, 2.40 Ghz, 8 GB RAM

Thanks for any comments,
Yes it can be slow. You might be able to select a hardware acceleration option, on render out settings when you click customise, click the system tab at the bottom and click 'Check GPU', and see what it reports as available. Then on the video tab, at the bottom is Encode mode, change this to the acceleration option you have, that may or may not help.

2 pass is probably not necessary, more important at lower bitrate settings and where you want a guaranteed file size, but will essentially double the time it takes as it does two encodes.

Laptops often throttle down as they get hot which just makes things slower.

Mark has recommended SSDs etc, but that really only makes a difference if the rest of your system is able to achieve near real-time speeds, as it stands, the storage system isn't the bottle neck at the moment.

There are other encoders you can use, and newer Intel CPUs basically have a separate chip in the CPU that is designed just for encoding video, and can do this extremely fast using little power (Google Intel QuickSync).

Note to use things like QuickSync you need an encoder that knows it is there and will use it, I don't think such an encoder is in Vegas 13.

Edit, tell a lie, if you use the Sony AVC encoder in Vegas QuickSync is available if supported by your CPU, not sure it does 4K, will have a play around.

Regards

Phil
Phil Lee is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...