Sony vs. Magix Vegas 13 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Old April 2nd, 2017, 08:01 AM   #1
Major Player

Sony vs. Magix Vegas 13

I'm still running Sony Vegas 13 Build 453 and have decided this will be my last Vegas. I'm not doing much editing anymore so I've decided just to stay with this platform. I see that I can still download Vegas 13 from Magix and I was wondering if there was any reason to download and install Magix Vegas 13 while it's still available. Thanks.
David Jasany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 2nd, 2017, 03:39 PM   #2
Trustee

Re: Sony vs. Magix Vegas 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Jasany View Post
I've decided just to stay with this platform.
It’s still the same platform. Vegas Pro 14 may have been issued by a different company, but it is a continuation of the same product coded by the same programming team.

The one main difference is, Magix forces you to only run it on two computers at most. If you want to use a third one, you have to disable it on one of the prior two (which you can do online, so you can do it even if one of the computers has died).

And yes, I know that’s what you asked.
Adam Stanislav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 2nd, 2017, 05:31 PM   #3
Regular Crew

The difference between Sony Vegas Pro 13 and Magix Vegas Pro 13 is the software branding (appearing at many places inside the software with many dependencies to various plug-ins and scripts).

If you decided to stay with version 13 there should be no need to install the Magix version instead of the Sony version. Installing the Magix version would even need to modify scripts (if used).
Marco Ba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 3rd, 2017, 06:27 AM   #4
Major Player

Marco, Adam, thanks for your feedback. I'll stick with Sony Vegas 13 rather than Magix Vegas 13 especially because of the scripting issue. I wouldn't want to have to upgrade scripts again.
David Jasany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 3rd, 2017, 10:18 AM   #5
Regular Crew

I agree with Marco and Adam, stay with Sony Vegas Pro 13. There is no advantage and only disadvantage to the Magix branded Vegas pro 13. Magix shot themselves in the foot with that branding conversion, as well as, the their introduction version 14 in my opinion, at least so far for their follow-up builds.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...