Multicamera adjustments at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Old May 17th, 2018, 09:23 AM   #1
Inner Circle

Multicamera adjustments

I film multiple camera theater performances for colleague who edits in Vegas. He has asked me how to apply adjustments to an entire camera angle. For example camera 2 might need sharpening, exposure adjustments for large sections, white balance, etc.

I’m not familiar how Vegas handles applying effects to multiplecamera. In FCPX you can apply effects to each edit in the timeline but you can also open the multiple-camera at any time. It opens as a nested timeline with each camera on its own track. So dropping an sharpen effect on a particular camera will apply that in the main timeline. Alot easier than having to change every edit in the timeline.
Pete Cofrancesco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 22nd, 2018, 06:20 AM   #2
Sponsor: JET DV

Re: Multicamera adjustments

To use the Vegas built-in multi-cam, you would need to apply any effects to the MEDIA in the Media Pool. So apply it to "camera 2" in the media pool and all will be fine.

If you use a third party multi-cam such as Excalibur, you can apply it to the event on the timeline as well.
Edward Troxel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 31st, 2018, 08:15 PM   #3
Major Player

Re: Multicamera adjustments

What he said. You just right-click on the camera angle in the media bin and select "media FX" and then you can go into the color correcting plugins or whatever. It will apply it to that angle even if you have already done a bunch of cuts.

When there are more drastic changes, for example once I decided to zoom/rotate one of my camera angles so it was more square, I will load just that angle into its own timeline and make my changes and then either render it out (Then you use the right-click/replace function in the media bin) or as Edward mentioned, save it as a Veg and bring that into your main timeline. Although I haven't tried replacing a camera angle mts file (or whatever it is) with a .veg.
Jeremiah Rickert is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...