Today is the day: Vegas pro 16 is here - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Old August 29th, 2018, 04:48 AM   #16
Trustee

Re: Today is the day: Vegas pro 16 is here

Jorma...I'm aware that the buyer of a second hand version was not entitled to an upgrade price to a new version, but was entitled to all upgrades within a version. To be eligible to get an upgrade price you had at some point to have bought Vegas at the full price. It was a good scheme as by selling an older version on, the number of Vegas users increased, and some of them no doubt would have bought in at full price. Eventually.

Out of interest, something I'm uncertain of is whether an old version of Vegas will work simply by plugging in the licence key, without any contact with Magic. Thus if I sold on my recent versions as is, with a licence key to unlock it, would it work for the buyer? In the past the licence was transferred to the buyer, but in this case I guess I would retain the licence to a version I had sold on. I have several versions I would like to cash in on if at all possible. I'm sure there are plenty of people out there who would be more than happy to get an older version for a cheap price, even if they can't get upgrades for it, and even if they didn't hold the licence.
Renton Maclachlan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 29th, 2018, 06:14 AM   #17
Regular Crew

"Upgrades within a version" were/are updates in the SCS and Magix Vegas terminology. I'm not aware that the new owner would not be able to update.
You get this "information regarding the upgrade" on the Magix Vegas upgrade product pages: "You can upgrade at a reduced price with a previous version or other authorized product. Please have your login details or serial number ready."
As for software activation, read item 10 here https://www.vegascreativesoftware.in...uides--104787/
Read also item 9.
As for selling your Vegas software, best try and ask Magix customer support https://support2.magix.com/customer/en/request
Jorma Nippala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 3rd, 2018, 09:12 AM   #18
Regular Crew

Vegas Pro 16 Update 1 (Build 261) released.

https://www.vegascreativesoftware.in...d-261--112767/
Setiawan Kartawidjaja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 3rd, 2018, 04:14 PM   #19
Trustee

I just fired up Vegas and got an advert for Vegas Pro16 at $199... Is this for real? :-)

Actually there seem to have been specials being running almost continuously since v16 was released, even though the first one was build as 'get it now while the special lasts - end of month' type of thing...

I've wondered whether or not as many people as they hoped have picked up v16 and so have been trying to entice more to do so. For the first time since v6 I have deferred upgrading, mainly because Magix has stopped allowing owners to sell their old versions on. If that was allowed again, with the license able to be transferred to the new owner, I would be in like a flash. Without that option I'm reluctant. I said earlier in the thread that I would buy at $199 but I doubt I will now...no sell-on option and slack exchange rate for NZ kills it for me...though if I could sell on, that would overcome the exchange rate disincentive...

Renton
Renton Maclachlan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 6th, 2018, 12:02 AM   #20
Major Player

Does Vegas yet support Aux TC syncing from within the editor?
Old November 6th, 2018, 08:07 AM   #21
Major Player

I got an email this morning that say Vegas Pro 16 for 199.00. But then it also says valid until January 01, 0001. Hmm... I guess I missed it.
Gordon Hoffman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 23rd, 2018, 12:52 PM   #22
Trustee

I'm still being hammered by 'Special' adverts for Vegas 16.

Does anyone from Magix read this site or this thread? If so, why not reinstate the sell-on option? You may get more takers...

I love Vegas but I'm not upgrading...

Renton
Renton Maclachlan is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...