Couple of frame flicker at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Old May 8th, 2020, 02:18 AM   #1
Trustee

Couple of frame flicker

Greetings. Hope all is well...

Just in the process of getting the project I've been working on for ages, out into the market place...probably not the most crash hot time to do so...but that's the way it goes. I have my website almost finished and should launch next week...it been a long time coming...

Anyway, there is one thing that I can live with in one episode, but which I would prefer to correct, and that is in a little animation I have of a person jumping off a tall building, there is a flicker of a couple of frames. It is not there in the original, nor in the veg file, but appears after rendering. I'm pretty sure I have noticed it in two different places a couple of seconds apart, after two separate renders.

Don't know if anyone has seen something like this before, or may know of its cause and how to correct it.

Renton
Renton Maclachlan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 10th, 2020, 01:31 AM   #2
Major Player

Re: Couple of frame flicker

Since no-one -
You're not giving us much info, but most obvious possible solution, if you had GPU on, try it with GPU off.
Rainer Listing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 10th, 2020, 08:03 PM   #3
Major Player

I've had some times where a ghost glitch pops up.
I've been able to work around some instances by re-rendering the smaller glitched segment, and replacing the corrected rendered piece into the larger segment that glitched, and re-render again.
The last re-render is doing much less than the first passes, simply splicing rendered pieces together, and sometimes that gets be past the issue, without ever knowing why it happened or how to avoid it.

That's for a ghost glitch that comes and goes, and if it only shows up in the midst of a long render, but doesn't show up there if I render that tiny slice alone.

ABCDEFGH2_KLMN has a glitch
go back to orig and render only HIJK
splice rendered HIJK into rendered and trimmed ABCDEFG LMN, and render that out to the final ABCDEFGHIJKLMN
Sam Houchins II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 22nd, 2020, 11:57 PM   #4
Major Player

I had similar bug more than 20 years ago. It occurred while rendering Miro MJPEG files with an AMD processor. The bug disappeared when switching to Intel processor in 2000.
Juris Lielpeteris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 25th, 2020, 02:11 AM   #5
Trustee

Well...seeing I've had several unsuccessful goes at getting rid of this flicker, I've decided its too bad so sad, and it will just have to be seen by viewers as some sort of technical hiccup...which it is.

For what it's worth, and for any who are interested...or maybe not interested...in the subject matter, I've spent the lockdown producing a website to market the series. You can find it at:

worldviewsonline.com

This series, as I think I've said, has taken me over 15 years to produce...starting having never held a video camera, and literally zero knowledge about film making. And...beginning my video editing with Vegas 6...

The are five short clips on the home page...out of 5.5 hours total...that give an idea of what has been achieved.

Thanks to all here who have helped me on the journey. It is very much appreciated.

Renton
Renton Maclachlan is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...