Best settings to render to you tube and FB. Mistakes? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Old December 29th, 2020, 05:55 PM   #1
Trustee

Best settings to render to you tube and FB. Mistakes?

Hola
i need your advice to get the best results in terms of quality upoading videos on Youtube and straight to my Fb page.
I sually film with DSLR in 1920 x 1080 25p, then i render in 1080 25p (mpg2 /m2t extension). Once i have the file i drag into Handbreak and i render with the preset suggested (youtube/vimeo HQ preset). Once i upload to Youtube it appear a maximum resolution of 720. On Fb the qualit is even lower. Anybody out there that could help me?
Thank you
Marcus Martell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 30th, 2020, 09:52 AM   #2
Sponsor: JET DV

Re: Best settings to render to you tube and FB. Mistakes?

What is the handbreak preset resolution?

What if you just render to a 1080p 25fps .mp4 preset from Vegas and then upload that? We render direct from Vegas using the Magix AVC/AAC MP4 - Internet HD 1080p 29.97fps preset and on YouTube the highest option I can choose when viewing is 1080p. Naturally you would need to choose either 25 or 50 fps instead.
Edward Troxel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 30th, 2020, 10:29 AM   #3
Trustee

I use the handbrake Super HQ 1080p30 preset and move the quality slider to 12. https://www.facebook.com/10000759523...5264706070012/
Mark Williams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 30th, 2020, 02:21 PM   #4
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward Troxel View Post
We render direct from Vegas using the Magix AVC/AAC MP4 - Internet HD 1080p 29.97fps preset
This is what I do and it work fine. It uploads and processes quickly and is playable at 1080 HD (though playback defaults to 720).
Patrick Tracy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 4th, 2021, 06:55 AM   #5
Trustee

Dear friends, first of all thank you for taking time to help me:

Here there are 2 videos my friend edited with my workflow (Sony AVC MP4)
If you look closer on the tilt movement there's a kinf of whooble effect(i don't know ho to describe it)
What could you say?

Old January 4th, 2021, 09:51 AM   #6
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus Martell View Post
If you look closer on the tilt movement there's a kinf of whooble effect(i don't know ho to describe it)
What could you say?
I would describe it as jerkiness, as it jerks a bit (moves, pauses, moves, pauses, etc). It sounds like a problem with the drone more than anything else. To try to fix it, I would shoot it at a high frame rate, such as 60 fps, then edit the project at 24 fps and let Vegas convert it from 60 fps down to 24 fps, hopefully smoothing it out in the process.
Adam Stanislav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 1st, 2021, 02:01 PM   #7
Trustee

Ed do you recomend this setting with 29.97 fps because is the youtube suggested setting? Or should i set in 25 fps (i'm in Pal land) as i filmed in 25 fps?
Thank you for helping me

What if you just render to a 1080p 25fps .mp4 preset from Vegas and then upload that? We render direct from Vegas using the Magix AVC/AAC MP4 - Internet HD 1080p 29.97fps preset and on YouTube the highest option I can choose when viewing is 1080p. Naturally you would need to choose either 25 or 50 fps instead.[/QUOTE]
Old February 2nd, 2021, 08:35 AM   #8
Sponsor: JET DV

That setting matches what I record. I record in 29.97 so I render to 29.97. If you record in 25, I would certainly suggest you render to 25.
Edward Troxel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 7th, 2021, 04:14 AM   #9
Trustee

I find trying to define what's best in settings is not a one size fits all. The end quality of your upload video is greatly affected by just how good your original footage quality was with regards to bit depth, bit rate, and noise levels. Finally, the end result of your Youtube upload is dependant on just how good your master file is. The higher the bit-rate and quality of the master is the better your end delivery quality will be generally speaking. The higher these are the lower the bit-rate you can use on your Youtube uploads. Take for example the high-quality footage that was used in Davinci's latest v17 intro. This HD clip as it sits on Youtube is delivered with an overall bit-rate of 939 kb/s using x264 and plays out at 24 fps. Similar results can be obtained from Youtube uploads starting from as low as 8Mbps if the upload quality is of a high order. The whole 1 hour 39 minutes of it looks good as all of its content was top quality footage to start with.

I had to do a whole series of medical videos of around 60 to 90 minutes long for medical training seminars. The brief was it must play well even on a student's low-end 500MHz laptop for example. Also to try to keep the lessons to no more than 750MB in size for their online teaching portal storage. Quite a tough ask that meant we had to look at low bit-rate encoding for delivery.

For the original camera footage, we shot on an FS7s using 422 50p. The edit stayed in XAVC-I at 422 50p which is a 500Mbps codec. The end encoding at low bit-rates stands up well. We used 768kb/s which is 6.14 Megabit per second encoded to x264 for the deliverables. Where we did encounter problems was when we had to include existing file footage in the lessons. Footage that incorporated various codecs and bit-rates. Some of these segments were definitely down considerably in quality after encoding compared to camera original footage. To help resolve that problem I re-processed all the archival footage through Neat Video and rendered it out using Cineform wavelet at its "High" setting. This helped the archival footage no end. Why Cineform? It tends not to induce blockiness as much as similar spec DCT masters on low bit rates H.264 and x264 exports. The exports may get a bit softer to watch on high-motion material but that is IMHO preferable to encoding blockiness in your exports. I've found generally rendering H.264 or preferably x264 from Cineform delivers the best overall results. Without question on lower bit-rates encodes Cineform wins for me. Once you get over about 8Mbps the differences between H.264 and x264 become far less discernable.

Video compression is a garbage in/garbage out medium, and more is always better when it comes to data rate. However, if upload time is a concern, as it is with me, I wouldn't go much higher than 8Mbps unless the footage was extremely difficult to encode or of pretty average quality.

Here are the main features of CineForm:

Full-frame (no blocks) Wavelet compression for highest image integrity
Unrestricted spatial resolution (4K and beyond)
Up to 12-bit arithmetic precision
RGBA, RGB, YUV, and RAW chroma formats
Standard wrapper interfaces including AVI and MOV for broadest compatibility
Cross-platform (Windows / Mac) workflows and file compatibility for mixed post environments
Compatible with the most popular professional applications including Final Cut Pro, Premiere Pro, After Effects, Vegas and Resolve etc.
Visual quality equivalent to uncompressed workflows but with much lower cost
Performance-optimized compression eliminates the need for specialized hardware.

Prime quality upfront is the answer to most encoding quality issues. Garbage in garbage out.

Chris Young

This Resolve intro is an HD clip at an overall playback bit-rate of 939kb/s which is 7.46 Megabit per second using x264 and playing back at 24 fps. Hard to argue with the end result for a low bit-rate Youtube encode and playback.

Youtube will encode six streams not counting mobile for video playback from an HD upload.
Attached Thumbnails
Best settings to render to you tube and FB. Mistakes?-youtube-encoded-deliverables.jpg  
Christopher Young is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...