DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   What Happens in Vegas... (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/what-happens-vegas/)
-   -   Vegas Pro 19? (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/what-happens-vegas/538345-vegas-pro-19-a.html)

Duane Adam November 12th, 2021 11:10 AM

Re: Vegas Pro 19?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Adam Stanislav (Post 1966362)
Or just use an older version. The last one I upgraded to was 15, and it still does all I need.

I'm on 17 and it won't handle the files from my Sony FX3 or my Blackmagic 6K. 19 appears to but only being able to switch computers every 30 days is a deal killer. We ditched the latest Vegas project and switched to Davinci so all's good.

Edward Troxel November 12th, 2021 12:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Duane Adam (Post 1966371)
but only being able to switch computers every 30 days is a deal killer.

What does this mean? You can only remove an activation from the website (could be once every 30 days - I know it is restricted but don't know the timeframe). However, you should be able to deactivate from within VEGAS as often as you wish. Just open VEGAS, go to Help - Deactivate the software on this PC.

Steve Renouf November 13th, 2021 06:26 AM

I think he means that if you don't have an internet connection at your location, then you are unable to switch.

Edward Troxel November 13th, 2021 09:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve Renouf (Post 1966374)
I think he means that if you don't have an internet connection at your location, then you are unable to switch.

That would be true. But he also mentioned "every 30 days"...

Duane Adam November 15th, 2021 10:55 AM

We were online. In trying to open 19 365 on a 2nd computer we received a message that the one computer already registered was the maximum allowed. In attempting to deactivate that computer to use the other, we received a popup that changing computers was only allowed once every 30 days.

Duane Adam November 15th, 2021 11:13 AM

I understand that software companies need to walk a fine line between protecting themselves from piracy and appearing to punish their customers but, when you head to far in the direction of punishment, many will wave goodbye with one finger and won’t return.

Most of us that do videos professionally are under tight deadlines. Using two computers to create and then produce a project is something I’ve done with Vegas since 2004 and having to buy additional licenses to continue working this way isn’t going to happen. Sorry.

Edward Troxel November 17th, 2021 09:35 AM

I know if you do it through the website, it's only allowed once a month. I thought going through the menus in VEGAS would allow as often as needed.

Duane Adam November 20th, 2021 06:44 PM

Didn't get that far so don't know. The talent was only in town for a day so rather than spend time on security issues I shifted to Davinci Resolve where for now, using multiple computers isn't a problem.

Vegas used to be the "cool" program but not anymore. For now Resolve is more lax but this too could change.

Edward Troxel November 24th, 2021 08:54 AM

If you buy the perpetual license, you can activate it on two computers. It's only the subscription that's limited to one.