Lost...grrr at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Old November 13th, 2022, 08:17 PM   #1
Trustee

Lost...grrr

I have recently purchased Vegas Pro 20...probably unnecessary but did anyway.

I have not done any projects for quite some time and have just spent probably a couple of hours editing the one I am now doing.

However...I forgot to regularly save...duh...and then it crashed. I went hunting for the autosaved files but can't find a thing...which to my mind is slack...very slack!

The Auto Save box is ticked in preferences so I was expecting that my project would be auto saved. But it appears that it has not been. I can't find any .bak file.

Anyone have any clues?

Yeah I should have been saving but due to sickness, I haven't been doing any work like this and just forgot.

Renton
Renton Maclachlan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 16th, 2022, 02:23 AM   #2
Regular Crew

Re: Lost...grrr

Did you save it at least once, or was it a new "Untitled" and unsaved project?
Patrick Tracy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 17th, 2022, 12:02 AM   #3
Old Boot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renton Maclachlan View Post
Yeah I should have been saving but due to sickness, I haven't been doing any work like this and just forgot.

Renton
Renton, sorry to hear that. I wish you better.

Graham Bernard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 19th, 2022, 08:05 PM   #4
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick Tracy View Post
Did you save it at least once, or was it a new "Untitled" and unsaved project?
It's history now...can't remember everything I did or didn't do. Began again and have saved this time!!!
Old November 19th, 2022, 08:12 PM   #5
Trustee

[QUOTE=Graham Bernard;1968604]Renton, sorry to hear that. I wish you better..[/QUOTE

Thanks Graham...on the mend...just about back to normal except for a cough and some breathlessness. I've been having some treatment April>August and went through a bit of a rough patch a couple of months ago.

I haven't been on the forum for ages due to the major project I had been working on for 20 years having been completed.

How has it been going here?

Renton
Old November 19th, 2022, 11:17 PM   #6
Old Boot

[quote=Renton Maclachlan;1968615]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Graham Bernard View Post
Renton, sorry to hear that. I wish you better..[/QUOTE

How has it been going here?

Renton
Been pretty quiet. I spend most of my time on the official VP Forums. VegasPro 20 is the best yet. I’ve got a four old project that I also use as a Crash Test Dummy for the VP Developers.

Glad you’re on the mend.

G
Graham Bernard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 21st, 2022, 07:11 AM   #7
Sponsor: JET DV

Besides the "auto save" (which should have automatically asked to load when you restarted VEGAS), there's now a new auto saving mechanism where you can specify how often to save. You really do need an initial save, though.

Are you on build 214? That build has been very solid for me.
Edward Troxel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 23rd, 2022, 04:00 AM   #8
Trustee

I've been working all day on this project...much of it using Primatte Studio to pull a green screen. Everything has been going fine with this until late in the day when for some reason I could not get rid of the green from any of my clips or tracks. Normally you switch PS on and off in the FX chain, but nothing happened when I did this. I tried closing and restarting Vegas, and then also rebooting, but it made no difference. I guess I could try saving to a new file and see if that changes anything but it is all closed down now and it's late...try tomorrow.

It's a real pain as I had the client come around to see the work in progress, but I could not show them what it would look like. Actually...it is just a real pain full stop.

I've had Vegas crash a couple of times...mostly after it has been left running while I go for lunch or some such...

Any thoughts on what is going on on PS? I've left a message on their chat...

EDIT...

PS:For some reason it has started working again...

All the best

Renton

Last edited by Renton Maclachlan; November 23rd, 2022 at 07:56 PM.
Renton Maclachlan is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...