I finally made the switch! Converted! - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Old August 12th, 2006, 04:29 PM   #16
Sponsor: JET DV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Louis Maddalena
lol my bad i should have phrased it differently. I was just curious becaues it seams like most peole on dvinfo use vegas and was curious why it is so popular.
Because it's GOOD! :-)
Edward Troxel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 12th, 2006, 05:31 PM   #17
New Boot

Wow, went away for a couple of days and my little thread has been populated!

Nice responses guys, and thanks.

In relation to the PPro/Vegas never ending war, it's safe to say there are disadvantages/advantages in both areas.

But if Vegas 7 fixes/fine tunes render speeds, there will be no comparison. The leves of automation in Vegas, and the Pan/Scan feature alone leaves no room for competition with Premiere. I will always have a soft spot for the mighty horse, but my religion has changed.

Anyone thinking of making the switch, I suggest editing a photo montage in both, with the timeline adjusted to where you are used to it, and utilising the Ultimate plugin, and you will wonder how come you still have spare time on the weekend for once. I suggest you use the new found spare time to learn the features of Vegas, and your productivity will give you a lot more spare time down the road.
Alex Moss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 13th, 2006, 04:19 AM   #18
Major Player

No offence here - just your question would be better placed not in Vegas but in NLE (various) for PC section.
Asking why so many people use Vegas in the Vegas user section is self-answering I guess.
Well don't take it serious - peace :-)
Bogdan Vaglarov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 13th, 2006, 11:43 AM   #19
Major Player

Though his point is what better place to find out why people like Vegas than from Vegas users... it does make sense in that regard.
Kevin Richard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 14th, 2006, 10:03 AM   #20
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason Robinson
I have fought with this issue as well. Several times in fact. I simply cannot get it to work. I finally gave up and when I am in crunch time, I copy all my media to the second machine (gigabit network of course, don't even think about anything slower) and then open the project over there and kick of the render (using windwos remote desktop so I don't actually have to switch machines) while I continue to edit on the primary machine. Seems to work so far.

But I sure would like the network rendering so I can perform a single render faster by having the stitch host chop up the render to itself and the slave system and do the stitching when completed.

jason
you know what i never even thought about doing that. i am glad you said that cause that will save alot of render time where i just hit render and go to bed. and what is the first thing we do when we get up in the morning?
of course go to the computer and watch our masterpiece while we yawn and tell ourselves how much we dont want to go to work.
also there have been times that it is not even done then we have to wait until our lunch break or when we get home./that sucks
Nate Fields is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 14th, 2006, 11:58 AM   #21
Trustee

Great

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate Fields
you know what i never even thought about doing that. i am glad you said that cause that will save alot of render time where i just hit render and go to bed. and what is the first thing we do when we get up in the morning?
of course go to the computer and watch our masterpiece while we yawn and tell ourselves how much we dont want to go to work.
also there have been times that it is not even done then we have to wait until our lunch break or when we get home./that sucks
109 posts into at forum membership and I finally provide usefull information! Bout friggin time! :-)

jason
Jason Robinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 14th, 2006, 12:46 PM   #22
Inner Circle

I have Vegas 6, Premiere Pro 1.5.1 and Edius Pro3. They all have their advantages. Edius is by far the quickest, the others aren't even close. I also have DVRaptor RT2 so DV output is hardware accelerated and adds to the realtime aspect. For the most part it is realtime so there is never any issue of rendering overnight!!!! Vegas is the best for audio and has very fine control of everything. Premiere has the best of the three titler and has smart rendering so small changes to a file are quick too. I mostly use Edius because it is so quick. IF I need to crop with keyframes then Edius is not good so use Vegas or Premiere, if audio is very important then it is Vegas for sure.

Ron Evans
Ron Evans is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...