Missing scrollbars at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Old October 22nd, 2006, 04:03 AM   #1
Inner Circle

Missing scrollbars

Yesterday all was well. I left a render going overnight. Arrived this morning and the job was done.

BUT . . . my horizontal and vertical scrollbars have now disappeared!

This is only occuring in the timeline area - the horizontal scrollbars are still there in the media bin, the plug-in chooser, etc etc. Likewise in other apps I have tested this morning, all is fine.

The vertical scrollbar is just grey (ie no slider). The horizontal scrollbar is just black (also no slider). I am able to scroll though, by clicking and dragging in the area-formerly-known-as-scrollbar but the degree of control is dreadful.

I have re-booted. No joy. I have re-installed 7.0b. Also no joy.

Any thoughts?

Cheers.

Ian . . .
Ian Stark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 22nd, 2006, 04:19 AM   #2
Major Player

Are you sure you're not just zoomed out on the timeline?
Old October 22nd, 2006, 04:23 AM   #3
Inner Circle

Hi Jarrod,

Nice thought but sadly no. I can resize the timeline in both directions easily enough and in my attempts to sort this problem out I've gone in REAL close and gone out REAL far!

Ian . . .
Old October 22nd, 2006, 04:31 AM   #4
Inner Circle

Hi Jarrod,

Nice thought but sadly no. I can resize the timeline in both directions easily enough and in my attempts to sort this problem out I've gone in REAL close and gone out REAL far!

Ian . . .
Old October 22nd, 2006, 04:40 AM   #5
Major Player

OK, I'm baffled. Sorry. :)
Old October 22nd, 2006, 12:52 PM   #6
Sponsor: JET DV

Change your Windows "Theme" back to the default and all should be fine. OR you might try turning off "Themes" in the preferences.
Edward Troxel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 22nd, 2006, 02:58 PM   #7
Inner Circle

Thanks Edward, I'll give that a whirl tomorrow (my laptop is on its way to a shooting location for 5am tomorrow!).

Hopefully that will solve the problem, although I have never changed Windows Themes and have not touched that setting in Vegas either. I'll report back.

Thanks again.

Ian . . .
Old October 24th, 2006, 03:20 AM   #8
Inner Circle

Update: I followed Edward's suggestion (kind of) and selected a different Windows Theme, then re-selected the default theme. That did the trick.

I'd still emphasize the point that I hadn't modified the theme in the first place so not sure why the problem should have cropped up. Actually, I'll backtrack a little there, I use a jpg image as background wallpaper - and have used the same image for months! Surely that wouldn't have caused the problem out of the blue like that? Seems kinda flaky to me!

Does this mean that any users who choose to use modified themes MUST switch off 'use themes' in Vegas or they'll suffer the same problem?

Thanks again for your help, Edward. Appreciated as always.
Old October 24th, 2006, 05:49 AM   #9
Inner Circle

I hate to say it but computers do the strangest things sometimes. Over the years I've had a lot of goofy things happen for no real reason and spend some valued time trying to fix it. One of my sons who was a computer team leader for a fortune 100 and keeps my machines running has always told the saying they used in the company he worked for and that is "stuff happens" ;-)

Don
Don Bloom is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...