Best forum for Sony Vegas NLE discussions ? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Old December 5th, 2006, 06:35 AM   #1
Regular Crew

Best forum for Sony Vegas NLE discussions ?

Hi all,

Which is the best forum (with most users, or professional users) to join if you want a lively discussion about Sony Vegas 7.x. The Sonys own forum seems a little tame to me. In other words - where do you all Vegas users "hand around"? Here somewhere? Or somewhere else?

Best regards,

Christian
Old December 5th, 2006, 07:13 AM   #2
Obstreperous Rex

Moved from our Sony consumer HDV forum to What Happens in Vegas...

What do you mean by "lively?" And what is it specifically that you're unable to find here?

Search DV Info Net | 20 years of DVi | ...Tuesday is Soylent Green Day!
Chris Hurd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 5th, 2006, 07:29 AM   #3
Regular Crew

Hi Chris,

Thank's for you fast reply. Lookin at your impressive number of posts I assume that you are a moderator - or?

Well - I have to admit, I have not been browsing this forum that much with Vegas in mind. My main interests have been more in cam hardware. Therefore I threw this general question since there are just so many forums around, and I would like to use your expertice to find the best forum for serious abd professional Vegas discussions.

I take your advice and give this forum a try ;) I actually have an urgent question I don't know the answer to:

How do I in Vegas (7.0b) copy the audio effects assigned to the track from one track to another?

I have selected and fine-tuned my effects for one complete audio track and would like to use precisely the same settings and effects on some other tracks - leaving the possibility to fine tune them individually later.

This rules out using a bus for this purpose.

Also, the technique I have used seems archaic. That is - copy the original track and paste is as a new track - remove the contents - move the audio clips from a track with no audio effects to this new one - and finally delete the original track.

There must probably be a better way - or is there?

I have to apologize, this question actually does not belong under this subject...and might have been answered a zillion times. Sorry that I did not do a search first.

Thanks in advance!

Best regards,

Christian
Old December 5th, 2006, 08:24 AM   #4
Inner Circle

Quote:
How do I in Vegas (7.0b) copy the audio effects assigned to the track from one track to another?
You need to learn to save multiple FX as a "package".
I finally got around to learning it this summer on a video that had several clips with multiple FX on them and it was a real time saver.

Open the FX stream on any audio clip.
Across the top, you should see all your different FX.
There should be two green icons close to the top right of this box.
Click on the one that says "Plug in chain" when you hover over it. It's the one that doesn't have a red line through it.
This should bring up another window that has 2 columns with all your audio FX listed. Click "Save As" and give this an appropriate name.
When you need it the next time, click on the clip's FX icon to bring up this window. You may need to select the "FX packages" folder to see your new package. Select it and all the FX you saved should show up.

Please let me know if this makes sense or if you need further explanations.

Mike
BTW, look on the bottom of the main page of this site and you'll see "Thrown together by Chris Hurd and friends".
Mike Kujbida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 5th, 2006, 08:35 AM   #5

FWIW, there are 3 VERY active Vegas forums on the web, and this is one of them. This is by far the best one, IMO, because people are required to use their real names vs a web handle, not to mention very specific rules about topics and behavior, with active moderators. The other forums don't offer that level of control nor quality of experience.
http://www.vasst.com
Douglas Spotted Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 5th, 2006, 09:50 AM   #6

DVINFO.net is a pretty good forum. people here are nowhere nearly as parochial as other sites. everyone knows a lot on all the forums, but, this is one place where there is more fact than BS.
Bill Ravens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 5th, 2006, 05:02 PM   #7
Regular Crew

You have found it Christian! While some who have posted replies have been quite modest, I (being on a learning curve with a long way to go), on the other hand, can tell you that IMHO this is the best Vegas forum on the web , bar none.
Leading Professionals and instructors in the Vegas world are all here and give freely of thier advice and help.
I don't think you will find a more helpful, friendly Vegas community anywhere.
Old December 6th, 2006, 02:28 AM   #8
Old Boot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Douglas Spotted Eagle
FWIW, there are 3 VERY active Vegas forums on the web, and this is one of them. This is by far the best one, IMO, because people are required to use their real names vs a web handle, not to mention very specific rules about topics and behavior, with active moderators. The other forums don't offer that level of control nor quality of experience.
What can I say Douglas?

. . except . .

Graham "Grazie" Bernard
Graham Bernard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 6th, 2006, 07:00 AM   #9
Major Player

Recently I've started coming here more frequently and I'm beginning to prefer it over other Vegas boards. I also like the automatic daily email feature with just the links to the threads with the subject shown rather than the entire text post.
David Jasany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 6th, 2006, 12:55 PM   #10
Jubal 28

Well . . .

Most of the same people post on all the major boards, so the "best" is probably up to your own personality and preferences.
David Jimerson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 9th, 2006, 05:06 AM   #11
Regular Crew

Hi All,

Thank's for your comments - to all of you :)

The question I put up here got answered pronto! I will definitively stick here for any Vegas issues.

Thanks a lot to Mike for teaching me how to save multiple FX's as a "package". That solved my problem more elegantly than my crude original approach. Such an intuitive software as Vegas does not necessary make you grab the manual, unless you are in utmost trouble. Probably I would have been able to find this in the manual too...lazy me.

However, it would be nice if you could copy and paste effects as well in Vegas, not only clips... Might be a new feature to add in next versions...

I have another question but it deserves it's own thread.

Regards,

Christian
Old December 9th, 2006, 06:50 AM   #12
Sponsor: JET DV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christian de Godzinsky
Thanks a lot to Mike for teaching me how to save multiple FX's as a "package". That solved my problem more elegantly than my crude original approach. Such an intuitive software as Vegas does not necessary make you grab the manual, unless you are in utmost trouble. Probably I would have been able to find this in the manual too...lazy me.
If you want to copy ALL effects, select the event with the events and copy (CTRL-C will work). Now select all remaining events you wish to have those effects, right-click one of them, and choose "Paste Event Attributes". All the original effects will then be added to the selected events.
Edward Troxel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 10th, 2006, 01:38 PM   #13
Regular Crew

Hi Edward,

Can that trick you explain be done so that you paste the copied FX to a track - not to it's clips? If not, then I presume that the technique presented by Mike is the only way of doing it?

Thanks for the great tip anyway!

Best regards,

Christian

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...