1394 Problems & Sony Decks - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Old January 19th, 2007, 12:08 PM   #16
Inner Circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Douglas Spotted Eagle
I don't have issues with my DSR 25 at all...
DSR-20 (predecessor to the 25) has been rock solid for years with Vegas. Nice to have 3-hour tape loads for corp. events...
Seth Bloombaum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 20th, 2007, 03:57 PM   #17
Major Player

I had a borrowed DSR25 that worked well on the same PC with the same Vegas software. Then I bought a DSR11. I can transfer 3 hr tapes from it, but get the error 10 minutes every time when going to it. I guess the error comes up at different times for everyone.

I do not have access to any other software to see if it is the DSR11 or the deck. I am still curious. That is why I ask if premiere or avid users if they have problems with this deck. But I am on the wrong forum to have this question answered.

I have searched some of the thread on the other software forums and don't see any of the users having any problems with this deck. How ironic.
Richard Zlamany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 21st, 2007, 05:04 PM   #18
Major Player

I'm a little obsessed with this problem, but as it turns out, if I print to tape from the vegas timeline using the vegas tools print to tape, I do not get the error after 60 minutes of exporting. Yippie!!!

So a compatibility issue, somewhere in the chain, may be the cause of this problem.
Richard Zlamany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 24th, 2007, 01:51 PM   #19
Regular Crew

DSR-11 with Final Cut.

Hi... I know im not using Vegas, but I have a similar problem with my DSR-11 and Final Cut on a G5.

When I capture DV material shot on a Sony PD-170, Final Cut reports errors during playback every once in a while: "Caoture encountered an error during playback...".
If I use the Sony PD-170 camera instead of the DSR-11, it works OK.

After reading all these problems you all have, I am guessing it mught be a problem with the deck and not the tapes...
Matias Baridon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 24th, 2007, 04:48 PM   #20
Major Player

It definitely is NOT a specific Vegas or Premiere problem.

Our Enosoft DV Processor has issues with the DSR-11, too, when you are sending DV to it and it is in record mode.

All my other DV devices behave themselves.
John Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 25th, 2007, 02:02 AM   #21
Inner Circle

NO problems with my DSR 11 and my Avid... sorry.
Richard Alvarez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 25th, 2007, 09:52 AM   #22

FWIW (and it's been brought up here and other communities before), the DSR 11 is quite finicky, and some systems have problems with it. I have no issues with my DSR11 on my main editing system but my laptop has fits with it. Avid has a little different approach, they don't use "off the shelf" code for this stuff; this is a benefit and a detriment both.
http://www.vasst.com
Douglas Spotted Eagle is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...