How to do these 2 effects at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Old December 31st, 2006, 03:39 PM   #1
Major Player

How to do these 2 effects

Hi all

There's 2 effects I'm looking at doing.

1 - Imagine the camera is rising up behind a small wall. As the camera gets over the top of the wall we would normally see whatever is on the other side. But I want it to reveal a completely different scene. The way I've been looking at this is to experiment with bezier masks - ie masking out the original "behind wall" scene using a blue lower track to ensure accuracy with a view to replacing that blue track with the final video once i'm happy with the mask. Can someone confirm that this is the only way of doing it. It's very laborious and difficult to gt the mask consistent wth the movement and avoid a "floating" effect.

2 - What is the best wway to have a string of small picures moving across the screen - ie - picture - gap - picture - gap - with say 6 pictures on screen at any one time. The only way I can think is to have each one on a separate track and use keyframes to position each one - but not sure how I would maintain a consistent gap between each one. As I ultimately want 4 rows of such pictures, thats a lot of tracks and keyframing.

Thanx and all have a great 2007.

Ian
Ian Briscoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 31st, 2006, 08:39 PM   #2
Inner Circle

the first can be done with a linear wipe transition, the second can be done with a variety of PiP's or with Pixelan spicemaster along with using AB track editing routines.
If however you want to place shadows and the like, then youll need to edit the track motion, if not, u can do this with pan crop tool and the free 3d plugin
another option is to download Pinnacle Studio with hollywood fx as there are many PiP style effects u can do with it with next to no thinking invovled
Peter Jefferson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 1st, 2007, 07:30 AM   #3
Major Player

Hi Peter

Thanx or your reply.

yeah I thought about a wipe but can't get my head round the best way of doing it. As a picture paints a thousand words - THIS is what I've got so far using a mask.

Ian
Ian Briscoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 1st, 2007, 10:19 AM   #4
Major Player

Ian--Why not use a velocity envelope on the wall track and at about 6:21 or so, when the wall is nice and stable, drop the speed to 0, so it'd really be like working with a still at that point...not sure what footage comes after that, or how much you want the movement in the wall from that point. Just my 2 cents.
Old January 1st, 2007, 11:35 AM   #5
Major Player

Vince/Peter

Ah - I get it now. I was getting the wipe mixed up with a Push. It doesn't look too bad at all - I just need to play with the overlap and speed to make it look really good. Thanx guys.

Ian
Ian Briscoe is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...