AC3 rendering at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Old January 6th, 2007, 08:13 PM   #1
New Boot

AC3 rendering

hi,
I am using vegas 7 dvd production suite which says it includes AC3 encoder, however, when I render in AC3, it says I need to purchase the AC3 encoder.
I searched the installation DVD and could not find any set up file for AC3 encoder. or maybe I didn't look at the right place.
Please advise.

Thanks,

Tung
T. Pham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 6th, 2007, 08:23 PM   #2
Major Player

Tung - is it the studio version of vegas? That could be the only explaination.. otherwise, vegas for a long time has included the AC3 encoder. (I think Ac3 encoding directly from DVDA may be new)...

Are you encoding from your vegas timeline?..click file/'render as' and select the dolby digital / AC3 ..

when does it give you that msg?
Dave Stern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 6th, 2007, 08:44 PM   #3
New Boot

Thanks for replying so soon, I was following the instruction for vegas 3 and rendered as a new track from "tool" menu.
It works the way you said.

Much thanks,

Tung
Old January 6th, 2007, 08:58 PM   #4
Sponsor: JET DV

The AC3 encoder comes with DVD Architect. Install and register DVD Architect and all should be fine.

If you're talking the Movie Studio version, you must have the most current Platinum version to get AC3.
Edward Troxel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 7th, 2007, 02:59 PM   #5
New Boot

Dvda4

Hi Ed,
thanks for dropping in,
I am using the production suite version, it works after registering the DVDA.
I have another problem however;
Using Vegas 7, I rendered the project in mpeg2, then in AC3. Then using DVDA4, I tried to make the DVD, following your instruction from your newsletter.
however, I got a message saying that one of the file ir orphaned and not reachable. I proceed and the DVDA preped the project, that is, making the Video TS and audio TS file (when I look at the specified folder), however, it could not burn into the DVD,(I waited for so long). Using cloneDVD, I could burn the preped file onto the DVD thus. The good thing is, I could prep the project and put it on the DVD, but the bad and main thing is, I could not use DVDA4 for thing like menu and titling.
Oh, BTW, I made a menu title and dragged in the media files (mpeg and ac3) and it burn a whole dvd containing just the menu title (lol).
Please advise

Thanks

Tung
Old January 7th, 2007, 03:55 PM   #6
Sponsor: JET DV

Sounds like you've added a file to the DVD project but did not access it anywhere.
Edward Troxel is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...