Purchased Quicktime H.264 but not showing up at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Old January 29th, 2007, 02:27 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Purchased Quicktime H.264 but not showing up

I was hoping after purchasing then installing quicktime pro 7 the codec would show up in the Render as > Quicktime 7 (*.mov) > Dialog boxes but it hasn't. I have to render out a .avi or some other huge file before opening it in the quicktime player and there, I can export and choose various settings. Is there some way I can get the codec/render options to show up in the Vegas 7 "Render as" dialog boxes? (drag some file to the plugins folder?)
Carl Downs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 29th, 2007, 03:38 PM   #2
Jubal 28

Even if it came up, last time I tried, Apple has the codec bolluxed up so that you can't render an H.264 .mov from Vegas.

You can, however, render a Sony AVC with H.264.

And remember -- WM9 is already a variation of H.264.
David Jimerson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 29th, 2007, 08:19 PM   #3
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carl Downs
I was hoping after purchasing then installing quicktime pro 7 the codec would show up in the Render as > Quicktime 7 (*.mov) > Dialog boxes but it hasn't. I have to render out a .avi or some other huge file before opening it in the quicktime player and there, I can export and choose various settings. Is there some way I can get the codec/render options to show up in the Vegas 7 "Render as" dialog boxes? (drag some file to the plugins folder?)
I got a pretty decent result by first rendering an uncompressed AVI file from Vegas, then loading the AVI file with Quicktime Pro. From Quicktime Pro, I did File -> Export and set the export options the way I wanted 'em for H.264.

The result looked good -- it was just an extra step in the workflow.

Cheers,

shall
Stephen Hall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 30th, 2007, 12:39 PM   #4
Regular Crew

so... it's true

the H.264 won't show up... that's so lame... why O why... Yes Stephen, that is what I have been doing. However I render out an uncompressed .mov, just so it's super compatible with quicktime... the only problem being... it's one more huge file and a time consuming extra step and not strait from the timeline so a small quality hit I imagine. I have tried rendering out a Connect HD .avi but when loaded into quicktime, no video. I get sound, but no video... does anybody know how to fix this? As for the H.264... oh... well... and thanks for the replies.
Carl Downs is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...