Vegas 7 - "Device not Available" at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Old February 5th, 2007, 01:59 AM   #1
Tourist

Vegas 7 - "Device not Available"

I'm currently filming short film (that I need to finish by February 16) with a borrowed JVC JY-HD10. I'm editing with the trial of Vegas 7.

My problem is that, when I go to capture, it won't let me. All it ever says is "Device Not Available" in the box where the preview should show up. Since the footage I'm trying to capture is in HD, I made sure that it is set to use the internal capture application. When I capture standard DV, I have no problem at all, but I can't get the HDV to work.

Does anyone have any suggestions? I'm starting to get down to the wire if I'm going to finish this project on time.
David West is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 6th, 2007, 07:40 AM   #2
Regular Crew

You may need to install a certain driver to make the HD-10 being recognized for HDV capturing. I can't remember the process. It's described in the manual.

Or try using the JVC capture tool MPEG-Capture and import the files into Vegas after capturing.

Marco
Marco Ba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 6th, 2007, 09:14 PM   #3
Regular Crew

Hi

I have vegas

And I still use the Cap uility that came with the Camera from JVC, then I open the file with vegas.. I could not make it work. I,ve e-mail them and never got a reply... (Sony)

LR
Leonard Richardson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 7th, 2007, 06:11 PM   #4
Tourist

Do you know where I can find the JVC Capture Program? The camera that I'm using is, like I said, borrowed, and I don't have any of the software. I've talked to the camera's owner, and he doesn't even know where the software is. I've searched around for it, but I can't find it for download anywhere. One thing that I saw made it sound like you need to pay for it (unless of course it came with the camera). Is this true?
David West is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 7th, 2007, 08:21 PM   #5
Regular Crew

Hi David

I would send you a copy, but I cant find mine. I just had it about a week are two ago. I've been looking every were. If I find it I'll drop you aline not unless someone else has a copy to share.

LHR
Leonard Richardson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 10th, 2007, 02:09 AM   #6
Tourist

Thanks for the help guys, but thankfully I just figured out my problem. I had to go into the camera's menu and switch the i.Link out from auto to SW. I can now capture everything in Vegas perfectly.
David West is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...