Combining 4:3/30p with 16:9/24p at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Old February 13th, 2007, 07:52 PM   #1
New Boot

Combining 4:3/30p with 16:9/24p

Hi,
I have clips shot in 16:9/24p and 4:3/30p; I like to make output to 16:9/24p in the final.
I set up new template with 24p widescreen, put the 4:3 clips on the time line, use pan/crop tool to set to 16:9 widescreen aspect ratio.
In the preview window, the images look just like of those of 16:9 original, but when i render to mpeg2 widescreen, the images are stretched vertically, that is people look much thinner.
So please advise how to fix the problem, also, what setting should I use to get the best out of the 4:3 clips (some loss are acceptable)

Thanks,

Tung

Problem figured: the setting of the player and the monitor result in the stretch. Thanks
T. Pham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 19th, 2007, 04:37 PM   #2
Jubal 28

FYI, a 30p to 24p conversion is rarely very good. There just aren't enough motion samples in 30p to make a clean conversion.
David Jimerson is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...