So I changed the audio settings from 44k to 48k at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Old February 14th, 2007, 10:03 AM   #1
Regular Crew

So I changed the audio settings from 44k to 48k

Well since I had that previous problem with the DVD not playing in certian players, I went back and made a master but I changed the properties on all and changed them to 48k. Now everything sounds really crackly. What is up with that?
Tony Jucin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 16th, 2007, 03:00 PM   #2
Regular Crew

To the top
Tony Jucin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 17th, 2007, 02:57 PM   #3
Major Player

Did you create PCM audio or AC3 audio for DVD? Some dvd-players have trouble with playback of dvd's with PCM audio. Use the AC3 format for the audio of your projects. Make sure you use the default stereo or 5.1 surround setting in your project properties and use the standard render templates when rendering your final audiomix to Dolby Digital AC3 (stereo or surround). I have made films with all kinds of audio on the timeline: 16 and 24 bit, MP3 and WAV, different frequencies, and never had any playback difficulties when using AC3 on my dvd's.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...