DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   What Happens in Vegas... (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/what-happens-vegas/)
-   -   Digital pass-through- Vegas capture stops at 7 seconds?!?! (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/what-happens-vegas/86952-digital-pass-through-vegas-capture-stops-7-seconds.html)

David Delaney February 19th, 2007 05:52 PM

Digital pass-through- Vegas capture stops at 7 seconds?!?!

I am trying to capture some VCR tapes to my Vegas 6 capture. My mini DV has digital analog passthrough. The problem I am having is that is stops capturing - every time at 7 seconds. My drive is clean and defragged - so that doesn't seem to be the problem. The 7 seconds looks fine that is captured, but for some reason it won't capture more then that - any ideas? Last time I had to capture through MS moviemaker with XP BUT I want to go through Vegas is possible. Any ideas? There is nothing in preferences that says stop at scenes etc.

David Jimerson February 19th, 2007 06:06 PM

Are they commercial tapes? Movies?

If so, you may be running into copy protection.

David Delaney February 19th, 2007 06:13 PM

Nope, a friend of mine owns a record label and he has a load of old VCR tapes of his bands music videos he wants digitized. Again, it works in MS moviemaker capture, but not in Vegas...weird.

David Jimerson February 19th, 2007 06:22 PM

Do you have another camera to pass it through? It could be the camera as well.

Not sure, but worth a try.

David Delaney February 19th, 2007 06:26 PM

I don't. I have just finished using Moviemaker because Vegas 6 won't cooperate. Sucks, but at least I have the option. I just wonder what is wrong? I don't think it is the camera because it wouldn't work with MSMovieMaker if it was...

Greg Boston February 19th, 2007 07:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by David Delaney
I don't. I have just finished using Moviemaker because Vegas 6 won't cooperate. Sucks, but at least I have the option. I just wonder what is wrong? I don't think it is the camera because it wouldn't work with MSMovieMaker if it was...

David, it's just a wild guess here, but Vegas may be looking for timecode which won't be present on an analog pass-through like you're doing. Windows Movie Maker, being a consumer oriented product, likely doesn't care about t/c.

Check to see if Vegas capture has a setting for 'uncontrolled device' or similar that will tell it you have a device without deck control and no timecode.

Just a thought,

-gb-

Edward Troxel February 19th, 2007 08:22 PM

Did you turn off device control?

Douglas Spotted Eagle February 19th, 2007 09:07 PM

If Device Control is off, is it possible you've got a dropped frame at that point, and Capture is stopping on a dropped frame? You have Preferences to determine whether capture should or should not stop on dropped frames.

Graham Bernard February 20th, 2007 02:10 AM

In the Video Capture program Preferences "CAPTURE" tab, I have "Minimum Clip Length (seconds)" set to "1".

Gary Johnston February 20th, 2007 11:33 AM

Hi
This might be a stupied question, But is your version a copy? (No Need to answer).....Because if it is then I suggest you either move up to vegas 7 or down to vegas 5 as I know theirs a problem with some of the vegas version 6 cracks........Not all but some...as my friend had the same problem and it was his version of vegas.....

So Try to upgrade, that may help....