eliminating audio reverb in vegas at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Old March 2nd, 2007, 10:43 PM   #1
Inner Circle

eliminating audio reverb in vegas

I have a little bit of reverb in an audio track. Is there anything in Vegas 6 to eliminate it? Or reduce it?
Brian Luce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 3rd, 2007, 12:19 PM   #2
Inner Circle

Here's a suggestion from Bob Grant in another Vegas forum.

Duplicate the audio track and invert. You should now hear nothing.
Apply serious compression to the duplicated track. Adjust threshold, attack and release times and the level of the track. The aim is so that the compressor is leaving the lower level echo untouched and compressing the wanted part. The net result (hopefully) will be that the lower level echo cancels out, leaving the wanted portion intact.

You can also knock some of the bottom end out. Apply a low shelf on the buss master.

Once you have everything as good as you can render it all out to a new audio track, delete the originals and reset all the FXs, just makes it easier to edit in my opinion.

Do not expect a perfect result but if it's just speech you can get a big improvement.
Mike Kujbida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 15th, 2007, 02:55 PM   #3
Inner Circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Kujbida View Post
Here's a suggestion from Bob Grant in another Vegas forum.

Duplicate the audio track and invert. You should now hear nothing.
Apply serious compression to the duplicated track. Adjust threshold, attack and release times and the level of the track. The aim is so that the compressor is leaving the lower level echo untouched and compressing the wanted part. The net result (hopefully) will be that the lower level echo cancels out, leaving the wanted portion intact.

You can also knock some of the bottom end out. Apply a low shelf on the buss master.

Once you have everything as good as you can render it all out to a new audio track, delete the originals and reset all the FXs, just makes it easier to edit in my opinion.

Do not expect a perfect result but if it's just speech you can get a big improvement.
What are the commands for inverting audio tracks? and how are the attack and release times adjusted?

And how do you apply a shelf?

I'm sorry I understand very little in these direction. Are there easier ways? It's not a huge amount of reverb but it'd be nice to dial some of it out.
Brian Luce is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...