My brain is fried ...(HD question) at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Old March 9th, 2007, 11:42 AM   #1
Regular Crew

My brain is fried ...(HD question)

This question is not directly related to vegas but I use vegas and any reponses will help.

I bought an HD LCD TV with a resolution of 1366 X 768

I just have a regular dvd burner, I dont have any blue-ray stuff.

If I render out an animation from a 3D program with the same resolution as the tv (1366 X 768) can I bring that footage into vegas then render the animation footage in vegas and burn it to a regular dvd and have it play full resolution on the HD TV?

If so, is it just as simple as creating a project with that specific resolution, selecting mpg2 and rendering?

Thanks,

john
John Wheeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 9th, 2007, 12:29 PM   #2
Major Player

No,

NTSC DVD's are always 720x480. You cannot get around this.
Bennis Hahn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 9th, 2007, 12:44 PM   #3
Inner Circle

since a DVD is in SD video, there is nothing you can do to have more resolution than the standard allows.(720x480 in NTSC).
But, i have a 42" LCD (from LG) linked to a DVD player with HDMI cable, and believe me that some DVD animation movies (like Shrek, Over the Hedge, Happy Feet) look terrific on my screen.
When i see such quality, it is very questionable if HD-DVD or Blu-Ray would be needed.
So , there is a hope that if you carefully encode your project to a DVD you can get astonishing results.
Giroud Francois is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...