Help. at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Old March 18th, 2007, 03:19 PM   #1
Major Player

Help.

I have been having trouble capturing video. I shot video using JVChd100ua camera and capturing using my canon optura 60 camera. I am using vegas 4 and have done this before without any prolems. Now the tape i was using is dropping frames like crazy and won't even capture. I looked at tape through the camera I shot with JVChd100ua and it looked and sounded fine. Also when I first captured the first 16min it was fine but the other shots taken months later won't capture.
The audio pops in and out as it trys to capture and I have cleaned the camera but no success.
What I know is my JVChd100ua camera that shot the video works fine.
The cannon camera I use to capture works fine on the tapes I shot with that camera but not the last 2 from the JVC camera.

Please help.
Joe Bowey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 19th, 2007, 05:05 AM   #2
Trustee

It sounds like your cameras may not both be aligned perfectly. They are from different manufacturers, so they may be made differently. Have you tried capturing the tapes from the camera on which they were recorded?
Marcus Marchesseault is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 19th, 2007, 07:33 AM   #3
Sponsor: JET DV

The problem could be on the camera side (as mentioned above) but could also be on the computer side. Have you tried capturing to a different hard drive? DMA still active on the drive you're capturing to? Any system changes? Tried turning off other programs running in the background?
Edward Troxel is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...