Vegas 7 editing at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Old April 2nd, 2007, 04:59 PM   #1
Major Player

Vegas 7 editing

Can't figure it out, my office computer, new with a dual processor, lot of power, allows me to capture from my V1, but, today none of the plug in presets would work. tried a small green screen clip and chroma blur and chroma key would not work, nor any others. I am going to reinstall the program, but, am I missing something.
Hugh Mobley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 3rd, 2007, 08:20 AM   #2
Sponsor: JET DV

Have you clicked the "Split screen view" button just above the preview and have it set to "Bypass Effects"?

It's the button that's a circle in a box that's half dark and half light with a drop-down arrow beside it.
Edward Troxel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 3rd, 2007, 12:18 PM   #3
Major Player

Yes FX Bypassed is check, all the fx plugins were working until recently and I captured some clips and the program froze, the capture window all greyed out, but, the clips captured, and to get out of the program I had to reboot. something may have happened then, don't know, When I try to use the FX its like its not even there, nothing happens at all. appreciate the help. thanks
Old April 3rd, 2007, 01:07 PM   #4
Sponsor: JET DV

Turn split screen OFF and all will work again.
Edward Troxel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 4th, 2007, 02:20 PM   #5
Major Player

Vegas 7 editing

Solved my problem with FX not working, re-installed program, however preview does not work while capturing, it did before and this is a re-install, Am I missing a setting. didn't think I had to set anything to have a preview when I capture. does anyone have a solution.
Old April 5th, 2007, 01:33 AM   #6
Old Boot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh Mobley View Post
Solved my problem with FX not working, re-installed program,
Hugh, if you didn't try Edward's suggestion, then you aren't aware that you have solved "your problem"? What you have done, IMO, is to crack a walnut with a sledge hammer. What are you going to do next time when you get the same "problem", reinstall again? - But I'm glad you are up and running. Good for you.

Anyways . . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh Mobley View Post
. . . preview does not work while capturing, it did before and this is a re-install, Am I missing a setting.
If you are capturing in HD, I can't comment, but in SD there IS a Preview setting, which says, "Always Preview Video" - do you have such an option in HD capture?

Bets regards - g
Graham Bernard is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...