A 16:9 4:3 Puzzle at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Old April 3rd, 2007, 07:45 PM   #1
Major Player

A 16:9 4:3 Puzzle

I was shooting DV with my Sony Z1 and recording to an nNovia drive.

Down coverting was turned off, so no cropping squeezing or letter boxing. Windows media player saw the footage as 16:9 BUT.... When I put it in Vegas 6, Vegas changed the footage as 4:3

I fixed the problem by going into media properties and correcting the aspect ratio. The annoying part was that there were over 40 clips and I had to adjust each clip individually.

Has anybody else run into a problem like this? And/or is there a quicker way of fixing this problem?
Theodore McNeil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 3rd, 2007, 09:03 PM   #2

sounds like a flag got corrupted in there. Vegas isn't very forgiving of file header corruption.
That said, there are several free scripts that would have matched aspect ratio for you on all 40 in one click, or you could have matched one, copied it, right clicked and selected Events to End, and Pasted Event Attributes.
That would have corrected the remaining 39 events in one shot.
http://www.vasst.com
Douglas Spotted Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 4th, 2007, 03:07 PM   #3
Trustee

big problems with "paste attributes"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Douglas Spotted Eagle View Post
sounds like a flag got corrupted in there. Vegas isn't very forgiving of file header corruption.
That said, there are several free scripts that would have matched aspect ratio for you on all 40 in one click, or you could have matched one, copied it, right clicked and selected Events to End, and Pasted Event Attributes.
That would have corrected the remaining 39 events in one shot.
I recently imported 80-100 photos for a photo memory movie and did the "paste attributes" trick after cropping to 16:9 but is absolutely hozed every single picture I pasted it on to. AND if any of the pictures weren't in the same orientation (landscape vs portrait) as the initial picture they would be stretched horribly.

So I ended up changing the crop & maintain aspect ratio for all of them individually. Major pain in the butt. I must be missing something for that not to work, but I can't tell what.

Jason Robinson
Jason Robinson is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...