Vegas 6 live recording? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Old April 5th, 2007, 10:48 AM   #1
Major Player

Vegas 6 live recording?

I have Vegas 6d on my new laptop. I wondering what anybody's thoughts are on live recording of an event through Vegas. I have done tests before with Premiere 6.5 on a desktop, with pretty good results. If I were to set up Vegas to record directly from my camera during an event, how stable or consistent do you think it would be? I have a Turion 64 cpu, 1 gig ram with a SATA 5400 rpm drive. Just curious. I'm looking at buying DV Rack, but express is not available anymore and I don't have the funds for v.2 yet.

Thanks
David Stoneburner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 5th, 2007, 11:06 AM   #2
Sponsor: JET DV

It should work just fine. I usually use Scenalyzer Live for capturing DV straight like that, though.
Edward Troxel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 5th, 2007, 11:10 AM   #3
Major Player

Thanks for the quick reply. What about length of events? 1 hour to 1.5 hours? I never used Scenalyzer Live. Do you think it would do a better job?
Old April 5th, 2007, 11:35 AM   #4
Inner Circle

Unlike Edward, I just use VidCap and have done 3 hr. captures to an external USB hard drive without any problems whatsoever.
Mike Kujbida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 5th, 2007, 11:41 AM   #5

There's no "better job" overall, it's all the same data, just a question of which app uses the most resources from your system. I'd imagine Scenelyzer uses fewer resources than Vegas, yet like Mike, I've captured very lengthy seminars and similar using VidCap out to an external HDD system.
http://www.vasst.com
Douglas Spotted Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 5th, 2007, 12:12 PM   #6
Sponsor: JET DV

I agree the VidCap or Scenalyzer Live would work equally well for this. The only time limit will be the size of your hard drive.
Edward Troxel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 7th, 2007, 06:45 AM   #7
New Boot

Works for me!

For the past year and a half, I have captured church services live using vidcap. It really saves on the tapes, and works great! I do have a second and third camera running with tape for backup purposes, and a digital audio recorder as well hooked to the sound booth. Doing it straight to the computer really saves on capture time!!
Russell Howard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 7th, 2007, 09:40 PM   #8
Major Player

Thanks again.
Old April 12th, 2007, 11:58 AM   #9
Major Player

Scenalyzer Live

Are there any issues with Scenalyzer Live capturing the 23.976 footage from 24P cameras such as the DVX100?

Brian
Brian Mitchell Warshawsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 12th, 2007, 12:34 PM   #10
Inner Circle

Brian, since it's actually a straight digital transfer of data from tape to hard drive, I can't see where Scenalyzer would be a problem.
Mike Kujbida is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...