Why Vegas? - Page 4 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Old August 7th, 2007, 03:13 PM   #46
Inner Circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Floris van Eck View Post
it just does not feel right to only have one video window.
That was the biggest frustration for me, you can make some kind of semi trim window but it looks really strange having multiple previewwindows in some kind of timeline beside eachother. you also see this layout in the cheap nle's like pinnacle studio or magix videodeluxe as they also use just one videowindow.
For me a second "full" trimwindow is a must for easy and fast editing.
Noa Put is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 7th, 2007, 03:24 PM   #47
Sponsor: JET DV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noa Put
For me a second "full" trimwindow is a must for easy and fast editing.
Why? To me it's just wasted space. When I'm in the trimmer, the screen shows me the trimmer. When I'm on the timeline, the screen shows me the timeline. When I'm in the Explorer windows, I can play things there as well. One screen, no muss, no fuss, no wasted space for a second view window.
Edward Troxel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 7th, 2007, 03:46 PM   #48
Inner Circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noa Put View Post
At the end, they all do the same, only Vegas does it completely different. The feeling I have with it is that it was designed from an audio point of view and that the editing capabilities have been added later, I can't find any other reason why else they put so much emphasis on the timeline when you first open it and put your preview window very small in the bottom corner. All other Nle's do it just the other way around giving the preview and trim window the most attention.
I have tried vegas but couldn't get used to it, eventually I choose for an upgrade to PP cs3 and for my purposes it's just perfect.
I can remember seeing this thread about 5 months ago, wondering if I would ever be won over by Vegas from my Pro 2.0. Wow. What a difference 5 months has made. I find myself starting Vegas as my first choice all the time, now. My first feelings were that the program wasn't sophisticated enough.... seemed like something was missing. But everything seems to be there, and easier to use. In comparison, Pro 2.0 seems cumbersome and bloated.

I do like the ability to nest sequences in Pro 2.0, but haven't figured out any ability to do that in Vegas, but other than that, I think Vegas is working out real well.
Old August 8th, 2007, 07:08 AM   #49
Sponsor: JET DV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Barcellos
I do like the ability to nest sequences in Pro 2.0, but haven't figured out any ability to do that in Vegas, but other than that, I think Vegas is working out real well.
It's not quite the exact same thing but Vegas will let you next an entire project on a new timeline. You can create a few projects and then just drag the projects onto a new timeline for final assembly.
Edward Troxel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 11th, 2007, 08:15 AM   #50
RED Code Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noa Put View Post
and put your preview window very small in the bottom corner. All other Nle's do it just the other way around giving the preview and trim window the most attention.
You do know you can move & resize that window, right? :)

Rob Lohman, visuar@iname.com
DV Info Wrangler & RED Code Chef

Join the DV Challenge | Lady X

Search DVinfo.net for quick answers | Buy from the best: DVinfo.net sponsors
Rob Lohman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 11th, 2007, 04:25 PM   #51
Inner Circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Lohman View Post
You do know you can move & resize that window, right? :)
If you read my reply completely you will see I was trying to make a point by refering to the Vegas audio background.
Noa Put is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...