Trying to Recreate This for Soundtrack at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Old May 15th, 2007, 01:10 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Trying to Recreate This for Soundtrack

Since Vegas began as a darn good audio program, I thought I'd try this over here and get different opinions. I'm looking to recreate the following Synth Pad-like sound (taken from the show "24." ) There must be a VST/plugin that you can suggest. My keyboard has synth pads but not quite this effect. I do have the ILona Acid album but it's not quite what I'm after.

Here's what I'm trying to recreate:

http://pages.prodigy.net/kdi/sound.wav
Dale Nicholson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 16th, 2007, 09:28 AM   #2
Inner Circle

Try Native Instruments FM7 or 8. Also consider Dimension from Cakewalk or Z3ta (forget who this is from). You could create the sound in any of those I would think, and I expect you'll find plenty of preset sounds that match what you're looking for.

To be honest, to me that sounded more like a human voice with lots of reverb. What was it from?

Sorry if I'm stating the obvious but you know you won't be able to run a VSTi or DXi instrument in Vegas - you'll need a sequencer for that.

Ian . . .
Ian Stark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 16th, 2007, 09:55 AM   #3
Regular Crew

Vocal sample

That is, without doubt, a vocal sample running through some reverbs. The giveaway for me is the un-natural sounding vibrato at the end of some of the phrases. I have some samples that sound pretty similar --- they're from Symphony of Voices (Spectrasonics). Yep, you will need to run it through a sequencer --- something like Sonar or Cubase with Native Instruments Kontakt 2.
Let me know if I can help --- perhaps I can run it off for you if you tell me the length, key etc.

Carl, Jo'burg
Carl Mischke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 21st, 2007, 01:49 AM   #4
Regular Crew

Solo soprano

The closest I've got is a solo soprano sample from Spectrasonics with lots of reverb. It seems that the piece in the sample has been ever so slightly time-stretched. Lots of reverb in there, and some sustained vibrato. Using it at lounder levels may present some equalisation issues --- I normalised the excerpt and there is a mid-range screech to make your head spin.

Carl
Jo'burg (alternatively, this morning, the antarctic).
Carl Mischke is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...