HDV workflow in Vegas - Page 3 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Old June 2nd, 2007, 07:40 PM   #31
Major Player

After rendering the file in Vegas, I can see these artifacts if I open the file and play in windows media player. The problem is not in DVD architect. It is definitely in the rendering. Possibly in the resizing, I do not know.
John L. Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 2nd, 2007, 11:05 PM   #32
Major Player

What I don't understand is how is it possible for vegas to have this issue when it is such a basic component of what most vegas users need? What concerns me is that I saw this issue once or twice but it has seemed to completely disapear mostly on it's own and my DVD's made with Vegas look spectacular.

Jon
Jon McGuffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 3rd, 2007, 06:57 PM   #33
Major Player

Still Testing

I have watched the HDV section of Vegas training DVDs to try and pick up the workflow they use to convert HDV to SD. They use the batch render under scripts to do the rendering. No adjustments available, just use the template they provide. I am testing this now but I doubt my results will be any better. However, I did find that once each clip is captured, you can open the properties for that clip and there you have an option to click "reduce interlace flicker" for the clip itself. I have not tried that yet, but plan to. I captured some clips today using 1080 60i, 1080 30f and 1080 24f for comparison. According to Vegas training DVDs, they claim a great result capturing 60i and then choosing a widescreen 24P DVD architect template for rendering (converting 60i hi def to 24p sd). I am going to try this also. I will post findings from all my different workflows. J
John L. Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 3rd, 2007, 09:20 PM   #34
Major Player

The best results seem to stem from shooting in 1080 60i and converting to 24p in the render. The lines are all but completely gone. I got good results shooting in 30F with my Canon A1 and rendering in 29.976P. When shooting anything other than the 1080 60i, I have to use the "reduce interlace flicker" in DVD architect to get rid of 95 percent of the lines. No way around it. I am shocked at how good the 1080 60i converts to 24P rendering from VEGAS. It was the cleanest of the clean. It really looks nothing like 60i when it finishes. I am doing more testing to make sure that is my preferred workflow. I am still working with the 30F and rendering to 30P. At this point, I do not like the 24F if you are going to have any motion. Too hard on the eyes. Until further testing changes my mind, I will either shoot the 60i so I can turn it into whatever I want in rendering, or shoot the 30F. Not sure yet. Though 60i by itself is UGLY. But using it as the base and rendering to 24P gave me very clean results, cleaner than shooting in 24F. J The testing I am doing right now is upping the bit rates on 30P and also from 60i to 24P to see what happens!
John L. Miller is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...