Problem capturing to Vegas from HC1? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Old May 27th, 2007, 11:38 AM   #1
Trustee

Problem capturing to Vegas from HC1?

I can no longer get Vegas to recognize my camera. When it is plugged in through the firewire, I cannot get controls and it tells me:
Device not available

In the summer when I had the FX1 on rent, this happened as well, and it was fixed with a sunbilt or something driver. Now, this is happening with an HC1, any ideas?
I have tried the jpg render to mpeg, but it is already registered so that is not it...
David Delaney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 27th, 2007, 02:05 PM   #2
Regular Crew

Hi,

Make sure that your HC1 is in the right mode, Vegas DV capture does not recognize the HC1 if it is set to output HDV, and vice versa... I stubled ovet this a coupel of times in the beginnig.... Might be something else, though...

regards,

Christian
Old May 27th, 2007, 02:34 PM   #3
Major Player

Check the camera playback mode in the menu and make sure you're matching the correct format.

I had that situation yesterday. I forgot that I'd switched to 'downconvert HD to SD' the night before for a trial run and the next day found myself trying to capture HDV when my A1 was feeding out DV.
Bill Watson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 27th, 2007, 05:32 PM   #4
Trustee

No, I think I found out. An errant pin in my firewire cable has shorted out the DVOUT in three cameras - HC1, and two mini dv's. It is the only thing I can think of. I have tried the HC1 and the other two on other computers and they are no recognized. I really don;t know what to do at this point. This is a nightmare.
David Delaney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 29th, 2007, 12:19 AM   #5
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Delaney View Post
No, I think I found out. An errant pin in my firewire cable has shorted out the DVOUT in three cameras - HC1, and two mini dv's. It is the only thing I can think of. I have tried the HC1 and the other two on other computers and they are no recognized. I really don;t know what to do at this point. This is a nightmare.
That short in the cable has caused the ports on those cameras to be fried. Sorry but the cameras will have to be sent in for repair.

Meanwhile throw that cable in the trash and get a new and preferably better quality one.

Danny Fye
www.dannyfye.com
www.vidmus.com/scolvs

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...