Why Vegas over Premiere? - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Closed Thread

Old July 10th, 2007, 01:26 PM   #16
Regular Crew

Don't get me wrong, Premiere is an awesome editing package, as is Vegas. I just think that Vegas is easier and faster than Premiere.
Old July 10th, 2007, 02:14 PM   #17
Major Player

Nothing against Premier. I'm sure if you got comfortable using that package, it would have its upsides and downsides like anything, but for my money, I chose Vegas and dont' regret it one bit...

Jon
Old July 10th, 2007, 02:36 PM   #18
Trustee

After using Premiere for so long, when I use other editors I always feel like it is too lite or there is something missing.
Old July 10th, 2007, 03:20 PM   #19
Inner Circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Douglas Spotted Eagle View Post
Gang, this is becoming dangerously close to being a "bash Premiere" thread; we'd like to avoid that direction, please.
I have seen so many treads were one person starts off with similar comparison questions which allways ends bashing eachother up, you should see the comments sometimes when fcp users start comparing. ;)

I'd say that every nle has it pro's and con's, anyone looking for a new NLE should just start using demos version and see which nle fits best with their needs.
One person can't live without fcp2 and another can be perfectly happy with movie maker. As long as we manage to achieve our common goal; make films.
That's all I have to say about it.
Old July 10th, 2007, 03:26 PM   #20

Well said, Noa, and with that, I'll close this thread.
Yes, people like to occasionally get into bashing tools that aren't their preferences. However, DVInfo.net is a little different. If you'd like to know more about Premiere, please visit our excellent Premiere forums. If you want to know about Vegas, we have the best Vegas forum on the planet.
By keeping these questions separated, it helps keep the signal to noise at the highest level possible; this is why many feel DVInfo.net is one of the best resources (the best, IMO) on the planet for our industry.
http://www.vasst.com
Closed Thread

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...