DJ Jumpback Compositing Woes at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Old July 13th, 2007, 12:09 PM   #1
Regular Crew

DJ Jumpback Compositing Woes

Hello.
I am very frustrated. I am trying to place an animated global from DJ Jumpbacks on an animated background. The background for the globe is gray. I need to remove the gray background from the globe completely so that I will be able to see the animated background on the track below. I have been trying different setting under compositing mode and I also tried track fx: mask generator. I have not gotten my desired outcome. I also tried adjusting thealpha channel under the clip properties to no avail. So, I need your help. I admit that I don't understand some of the features of some of the aforementioned adjustments, so maybe I was at the right place at the wrong time. Please help.
Old July 13th, 2007, 12:24 PM   #2
Inner Circle

Try CHROMA KEY---take the eye dropper from the green screen and use that to get the color of the background from the globe. It should disappear and you should be all set.

Don
Don Bloom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 13th, 2007, 12:51 PM   #3
Inner Circle

How did you bring the Jumpback into Vegas?
I use tham all the time (bringing them in as MOV files) and never have an issue with transparency.

BTW, here's the procedure from the Digital Juice site:

Vegas does not automatically recognize the Alpha channel so when dropping content onto the timeline, you may be wondering where the transparency is, why the edges look awful, why it doesn't look the same as what you saw on the DJ Website, etc. so please try the following steps:

After putting the clip in the Vegas timeline, right click on it, select Properties, the Media Tab and then select either Straight Unmatted or Premultipled Dirty for the alpha Channel.

If you import it through the Media Pool, you can right click on it there, click properties, then click on the Alpha Channel drop down.
Mike Kujbida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 13th, 2007, 09:20 PM   #4

Vegas should recognize the alpha. If it is not, you follow Mike steps, but before closing the properties dialog, click the small floppy disc icon in the middle of the dialog, this will tell Vegas to remember this file sort as having an alpha.
http://www.vasst.com
Douglas Spotted Eagle is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...