Vegas Video discussions from 2006 (Q3Q4) - Page 123 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Closed Thread

Old December 25th, 2006, 05:05 AM   #1831
Regular Crew

Thanks Edward,

I had not been aware of velocity envelopes... missed that one in the manual. Sure is a lot of depth to this program. And I appreciate folks like you helping out "hobbyists" as myself.

Merry Christmas,

Jamie
Old December 25th, 2006, 06:16 AM   #1832
Regular Crew

Here you go. It is only two frames.

www.macgregor.autoecstasy.com/SupermanSheer3.mov
Old December 25th, 2006, 06:56 AM   #1833
Regular Crew

Well I was just experimenting with settings and such on a segment of a whole finished film. The segment is about 2 minutes in length but I hadn't changed the bitrate at all from whatever the default settings are (when using the Architect NTSC Widescreen vid stream). And yes all the clips are formatted to widescreen so it's not a question of the picture being stretched.

Basically, when on DVD, it just looks like a crappy internet quality video.

Any suggestions for baseline settings to start off with (for both the 2 min and approx 45 min videos)?
Old December 25th, 2006, 11:43 AM   #1834
Regular Crew

Jamie! you hit the spot!

It was the fourth node i had to work, i brought down the "Gain" and "Roloff" to nothing and had to bring the frequency down a little bit, but i have to work it a little more, i'm very close tho! I'll practice and try to understand this effect because i can't really buy any plug-ins right now sorry Douglas.

thanks again for the info Jamie!
Old December 25th, 2006, 01:12 PM   #1835

Crashes on me, too. The stack dump suggests it's quicktime. I can't open the file you emailed in Quicktime either.
http://www.vasst.com
Old December 25th, 2006, 05:53 PM   #1836
Regular Crew

You need to download the sheer codec. Try it at bitjazz.com. itīs free.
Old December 25th, 2006, 07:58 PM   #1837
Inner Circle

V/O into Vegas 6?

I'm trying to do v/o straight into vegas 6 with the stock mic supplied with the jvc hd100 and a XLR to mini jack adaptor. Can't seem to get a signal. I checked the setting in control panel, none of the mute buttons seem to be "On". Any suggestions?
Old December 25th, 2006, 08:08 PM   #1838

As mentioned in my post encouraging you to post a second or two...I already have the SheerVideo codec, been using it for years. It's now at version 2.4, and probably 2.5 by NAB.
The particular bit you posted crashes my system as well, although files rendered to Sheervideo do not. The file you posted hangs my QuicktimePro as well.
Old December 25th, 2006, 09:29 PM   #1839
Regular Crew

Applying FX to split clip

Vegas 7 - I want to split a clip and then apply some FX to only one of the split tracks, however, vegas applies the fx to all clips that were originally together. How can I stop this and only apply fx to the clip I want?
Old December 25th, 2006, 09:43 PM   #1840

Apply the FX to the clip/event after the split, and apply only to the event, not the track, not in the Project Media bin/pool. Remember that in Vegas, you can apply at Event, Track, or Project, with additional options to apply in the Project Media/Media Pool. If you want the media only on a specific event, apply only to that event. If you drag that event to the left to incorporate pre-split frames, you'll see the FX applied to the stretched/added frames as well.
Old December 25th, 2006, 10:06 PM   #1841
Regular Crew

VEGAS PROBLEM (end of clips freeze)

Hey everyone,

I know it's Christmas, but what the ....heck?

I am putting a small six minute sketch together, it's got about 65 to 70 clips in the whole thing...problem is, at the end of each individual clip, just before it goes to the next shot, it seems to freeze for a milisecond.

Now, when I render it, it doesn't happen as much, but what could be the problem here? Should I change something in my video prefs..or is the problem manifested somewhere earlier...like maybe the capture settings?

Anyone else ever get this problem? Thanks, and happy new year.
Old December 25th, 2006, 11:23 PM   #1842
Regular Crew

Vegas 7 Audio Filters

Does anybody know where, or how, I could make a normal line of audio sound like it was spoken through a cell phone? Is there a filter in Vegas that can do this? Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

SB
Old December 26th, 2006, 02:39 AM   #1843

The EQ is exactly for this. There is a preset for telephone voices, but you can make your own by removing all mids and highs with an inserted EQ. Adding a tad of high level compression will help with the illusion. If you have Ultimate S2, there are a few options in there as well.
Old December 26th, 2006, 08:08 AM   #1844
Sponsor: JET DV

It should not happen at all after rendering. During preview of the timeline it can happen depending on many factors such as preview level, complexity of the project, etc...
Old December 26th, 2006, 08:13 AM   #1845
Sponsor: JET DV

The "Parametric EQ" effect has a preset called "Phone line effect". It may need to be modified for a cell phone sound.
Closed Thread

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...