Gary Nattress at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > DV Info Net Announcements
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

DV Info Net Announcements
Important news relating to the DV Info Net site and these message boards.

Old April 23rd, 2024, 04:49 AM   #1
Inner Circle

Gary Nattress

Just a short note to say our member Gary Nattress, and old friend of mine, died yesterday from a heart attack! Not expected and rather sad.
Paul R Johnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 23rd, 2024, 06:11 AM   #2
Major Player

Re: Gary Nattress

Sad news indeed Paul.
Dave Baker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 23rd, 2024, 07:17 AM   #3
Major Player

Very sad, had a few dealings with Gary over the years, a true professional and very knowledgeable especially in the audio field.
Old April 25th, 2024, 05:09 AM   #4
Trustee

So sorry to hear this sad news.
Anthony McErlean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 25th, 2024, 11:36 PM   #5
Equal Opportunity Offender

Hard to know what to say. It's always a real bummer. Didn't really know him as such, but I always liked his "more than 15 minutes experience" line at the bottom of his posts.

Andrew
Andrew Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 28th, 2024, 12:03 PM   #6
Inner Circle

Gary sort of flipped between work in broadcast and had a canal boat. If he moved from media city in Salford to working in London, he just floated the boat down, and then if he changed again, floated it back. He got me a nice consultancy job in Ethiopia through a friend. Just said how do you fancy this .........

Too many friends get to retiring age and before they get a chance to have some fun, pass away. It has happened twice to my friends now. Bummer!
Paul R Johnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 29th, 2024, 03:40 AM   #7
Equal Opportunity Offender

Quote:
Too many friends get to retiring age and before they get a chance to have some fun, pass away. It has happened twice to my friends now. Bummer!
Interesting observation you have there. It's like a curse that one is 'at the wheel' for your life and constantly under the pump, and when it comes to relaxing and enjoying life the ability to finally do so is snatched away. It's quite a pattern.

Andrew
Andrew Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 29th, 2024, 01:44 PM   #8
Wrangler

Sad news.

I saw plenty of people "die with their boots on" and decided to retire at age 62. Family and friends never thought I would do it, they were convinced I was a workaholic. And that's why I did it. If I'd continued in my demanding job, I would have died years ago. Instead, I'll be 75 this summer and have loved every minute of retirement!

Take care everyone....
Boyd Ostroff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 30th, 2024, 12:51 AM   #9
Inner Circle

My old college declined due to the management. Out of 6 lecturers, 5 of us left within one year, and we are all still about 20 years on. Bar Paddy. A great folk musician, played everything including celtic pipes of all kinds, and he smoked a pipe too and wore a paul carrick style hat. A single fella, he put every bit of his spare cash into his pension. He stuck with the college and hated every day. He planned to go to far away lands and photograph birds, his hobby apart from music. He had it all planned, and died the month before he was due to retire. No family. What a waste. Friends with Wakeman, the Enos and many other greats. So sad.
Paul R Johnson is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > DV Info Net Announcements