Is my PC strong enough for Premiere Pro? - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Adobe Creative Suite
All about the world of Adobe Premiere and its associated plug-ins.

Old April 23rd, 2004, 04:01 PM   #16
Regular Crew

2 Ghz P4, 768 meg 2x80gb never had any problems running premiere pro
Jan Roovers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 14th, 2004, 11:16 AM   #17
Tourist

I'm thinking about upgrading from Premiere 6.0 to PPro 1.5 when it hits the shelfs.. Do you think my computer with the following specs can hold up?

Win XP Pro SP1
Intel Pentium 4 2.0 GHz
1024MB DDR RAM
Nvidia GeForce 3 Ti200 (64mb)
Dedicated editing hardware:
Pinnacle Edition DV500 DVD

(go to the link for info about DV500)
http://www.pinnaclesys.com/docloader_n.asp?templ=10&doclink=/WebVideo/dv500dvd/English(UK)/doc/keys.htm&Product_ID=564&Langue_ID=2&loc=spec&division_id=

I am beginning to wonder whether this hardware actually boosts my workflow or not.. Is it perhaps a bit outdated? In other words, would my computer alone do a better job in your opinion?

edit: sorry for bringing up an old thread..
Andreas Martin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 14th, 2004, 12:18 PM   #18
Wrangler

Andreas,

You will not be able to use Premiere Pro with your DV500. Pinnacle has stopped supporting Premiere. They have stopped producing the driver’s because they want to push their pinnacle liquid range of NLEs.

You can still use Premiere Pro on your system; it just means that you won't get the hardware support from your DV500 card. But then again PP has more real-time support than ever before, so you would probably not notice any difference. You will still need a firewire card to capture and playback in PP.

Your system should be OK. However you might want to upgrade your processor to something a bit larger. Adobe recommends a 3.0Ghz

Please see this link for adobes spec:

http://www.adobe.com/products/premiere/systemreqs.html

Hope this helps,

Good things come to those who wait

My Skiing web www.Frostytour.co.uk

For quick answers Search dvinfo.net | The best in the business: dvinfo.net Sponsors
Ed Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 14th, 2004, 01:24 PM   #19
Tourist

Ok, thanks a lot for the answer.
I didn't know that Pinnacle had stopped supporting Premiere.
It would have come as a shock and been a big disappointment to find that out afterwards, so thanks again.

Will the Matrox RT.X100 Xtreme Pro work with PP 1.5 and/or will it improve/lessen the editing capabilities of my pc?
Andreas Martin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 25th, 2004, 12:11 PM   #20
Regular Crew

Hey I have Premiere 6.0 and Premiere Pro running on the same computer and I have the DV500 card and I switch between the programs and it works just fine oh and your setup is totally fine. I don't know what most of these guys are talking about I've seen Premiere Pro run on a P3 1 Ghz comp with pc133 ram and it ran it fine
Kyle Kauss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 13th, 2004, 12:36 PM   #21
New Boot

I run premier pro 1.5 perfectly fine on my system.
P4 (2.4ghz) - 7200rpm seagate hd - 704mb dedicated RAM - 64mb video memory.
John O Brien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 15th, 2004, 11:59 PM   #22
Regular Crew

Yeah, I have a 2.66GHz P4, 160GB, 1GB Ram, it runs fine on my computer, not sluggish at all. I think what you lose and gain more in slower and faster systems is the rendering time, you won't notice a difference in your comptuer as much just editing, but rendering you will notice a time difference if you have a slower comptuer and such.
Tim Frank is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite