Pocket Recorder for Wired Lav - Page 4 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > All Things Audio
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

All Things Audio
Everything Audio, from acquisition to postproduction.

Old October 24th, 2008, 05:13 PM   #46
DVCreators.Net

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trey Vollmer View Post
Guy,

Does the Sennheiser G2 camera mount receiver receive more than one channel at a time?

I need a receiver that can record more than one channel (lav) at a time.

Also, do you think the countryman B6 would be a good choice for the Sennheiser G2 wireless?

Trey
Re: dual receiver - you might have missed the post in this very thread see post http://www.dvinfo.net/conf/952820-post26.html
Sennheiser does not have a dual receiver model, you'll need two individual receivers or to go with another manufacturer.

The Countryman B6 lavalier sounds amazing with the Sennheiser G2 Wireless. If you want to hear it, I have a clip on our site of a gal singing and playing guitar. That is the Countryman B6 through the Sennheiser Evolution G2 straight into the camera.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trey Vollmer View Post
What does everyone think of this potential set up?

2 wireless lavs transmitting to a receiver on the hot shoe of my hv30 - DIALOGUE.

Record ambient sound separately with my Canon DM-50 and sync up in post.
I don't believe that would work. Once you attach the DM-50 to the HV30, the Mic Input is disabled. You could do a Sennheiser MKE-400, to channel one for ambient and have both lavs mixed down to channel 2. Not really recommended, but unless you want to go to a separate 4 track recorder, you're kind of stuck. Juiced Link has some small mixer/pre-amps you'll want to look at if you're doing 3+ channels on an HV30. I haven't tested one myself, but others here in the forum have recommended them. That may be the ticket.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > All Things Audio