Canon 5D Mark II Audio Exposed; with BeachTek DXA-5D and juicedLink CX231 - Page 7 at

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon EOS Full Frame for HD

Canon EOS Full Frame for HD
All about using the Canon 1D X, 6D, 5D Mk. IV / Mk. III / Mk. II D-SLR for 4K and HD video recording.

Old July 8th, 2009, 01:50 PM   #91
Inner Circle
In the meantime, I find that if I set my video monitor at "Normal" on a cheap HD TV i bought a while back, when the camera begins recording, I do get a relatively decent aspect ration representations. You should test out different configurations with you chosen video monitor, to see which on works best for you.
Chris J. Barcellos
Chris Barcellos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 8th, 2009, 02:24 PM   #92
Major Player
Thanks much - for both the answer and all the awesome work you're doing. Your ML is about to make a bit of money for the folk at Small HD.

I've been looking into the Marshall, Ikan and a few others, and Small HD seems to have the best price/feature/quality ratio. The Marshall was a close second - largely based on viewing angle.

And thanks, Chris, for the advice. I've not had my hands on it, but I think the Small HD DP1 will be good for not only my 5DM2, but also general usage with my XL-H1 or my potential future camera of the Sony EX1 (if I can ever justify the expense).

Thanks again.
Matthew Roddy is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

Professional Video
(800) 833-4801
Portland, OR

Omega Broadcast
(512) 251-7778
Austin, TX

(973) 335-4460
Mountain Lakes, NJ

Abel Cine Tech
(888) 700-4416
N.Y. NY & L.A. CA

(800) 238-8480
Glendale, CA

Precision Camera
(800) 677-1023
Austin, TX

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon EOS Full Frame for HD