HV30 Lens cover reliability? Two failures so far :( - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon XA and VIXIA Series AVCHD Camcorders > Canon VIXIA Series AVCHD and HDV Camcorders
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Canon VIXIA Series AVCHD and HDV Camcorders
For VIXIA / LEGRIA Series (HF G, HF S, HF and HV) consumer camcorders.

Old February 20th, 2010, 01:59 AM   #16
Regular Crew

Canon fixed my lens cover for $208. I hope it lasts. I'll be keeping a wide angle on it for good in hoping to protect it from the elements.

There's a camera repair shop that told they can do a hack for $80 to keep the lens cap open permanently. They recently did it for a dental office using the HV20. I just spent $208 bucks so I'm not ready to drop another $80 just yet.
Old February 20th, 2010, 09:21 AM   #17
Trustee

Reassuring lack of similar posts

Replying to my own post here:
Quote:
I wonder if the other Canon consumer models have the same design of lens cover? Just looked up the manual for the HF20/HF200 and it seems to be quite similar. And I imagine the new models will have it as well.

Have there been any problems with the HF20/HF200 etc lens covers?
I found this: http://www.dvinfo.net/forum/canon-vi...-jam-help.html
Colin McDonald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 11th, 2010, 09:01 PM   #18
Regular Crew

I had an HV10 that had the same problem. I now have good UV Haze filters on my HV10's and HV30's permanently to prevent this. I think my clumsy fingers may have caused mine to fail............
Craig Peer is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon XA and VIXIA Series AVCHD Camcorders > Canon VIXIA Series AVCHD and HDV Camcorders