Need quick release plate for Canon XLH1 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XL H Series HDV Camcorders
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Canon XL H Series HDV Camcorders
Canon XL H1S (with SDI), Canon XL H1A (without SDI). Also XL H1.

Old May 17th, 2010, 09:15 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Need quick release plate for Canon XLH1

I use the Really Right Stuff BH55 ballhead, RRS lever clamp and a Gitzo tripod to support my camera and camcorder while shooting landscape photos and videos. I purchased an Acratech plate for my Canon XLH1, but it is too narrow for the RRS lever clamp and I can't get a secure fit.

RRS does not make a quick release plate for the XLH!, but they do make one for the XL2. It looks like it has the same pattern of four small screws that attach it to the bottom of the camcorder as the XLH1, but I can't tell for sure if they are the same.

Does anyone know if the pattern of four small screw holes on the bottom of the XL2 and XLH1 are the same?

Thanks.
Bob Prichard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 18th, 2010, 06:18 AM   #2
Trustee

I haven't got either camcorder to hand because I've just sold them, but I used the same large Manfrotto Quick Release Plates on both for my Manfrotto pan heads, including for my Vinten tripods, so I think you'll be OK. Don't take that for gospel though because only the central screw thread and extra springloaded pin are used for the Manfrotto and Vinten, and not the four tiny base screws.
Old June 8th, 2010, 08:54 PM   #3
Regular Crew

XL2 Plate works

Finally just bought XL2 plate and it works fine for the XL-H1.
Bob Prichard is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XL H Series HDV Camcorders